Whether you use Windows or Mac, Microsoft or Apple, sometimes you are missing functionality of your operating system that he has his rival. It could be an application, a menu or a small function that would help you immensely.
Windows 11 Implements
Fortunately, many times they copy each other for the good of all. The nth example is Quick view macOS, a way to view photos that you can enjoy in Windows 11 sooner rather than later when added to Microsoft PowerToys.
In the words of Apple, “Quick Look provides a quick and complete overview of virtually any file type without having to open them. Hence its name. It’s very practical when you have a good handful of photos and need to see some of them in more detail. Instead of opening it with your image editor, you can open it with Quick Look. At least on macOS.
As well. Several Microsoft developers have developed the equivalent of macOS Quick Look to integrate with Windows 11. This way, you can view photos in their original size directly from Windows without opening a specific application.
Without leaving Windows Explorer in its versions for Windows 10 and Windows 11
Interestingly, this addition to Windows 11 will require you to install Microsoft PowerToys. In the past I have already talked about these applications, a collection of small utilities that change things in Windows, add new functions and, in general, make our lives easier.
These are improvements for Windows that are not built into the operating system, but you have to install them yourself with this freeware that you can download from its repository on GitHub.
Every new feature you add to Windows 11 has its own name. Currently, there are twelve outstanding, and what are they doing? small tasks but in a different way than how Windows 10 and Windows 11 behave by default.
- Always on top: Block windows so that they are seen above others.
- PowerToys Wake Up: Keeps your PC on despite power and shutdown options.
- color picker: a tool to import color from any window or application.
- FancyZones– Improves the way you arrange windows on your screen.
- File Explorer Add-ons: Adds new functionality to Windows Explorer.
- Image resizer: Enlarge images from a handy context menu.
- keyboard manager: Used to remap keys on your keyboard.
- Mouse utilities: Used to find and highlight the mouse cursor on the screen.
- PowerRename: An application to rename batch files.
- PowerToys Race: A tribute to Mac’s Spotlight, a universal desktop search engine.
- ShortcutGuide: teaches you the keyboard shortcuts associated with the Windows key.
- Video conferencing mute– Turn off the microphone and turn off the camera with hotkeys.
How Does Preview Work on Windows?
Sooner than later, in future versions of Microsoft PowerToys, we will find a new application. It is currently called A look and pays homage to macOS Quick Look so you can use it on Windows 10 and Windows 11.
It works by selecting an image in Windows Explorer. pressing the keys Shift + spacebar, a new window will open showing this image in full size. Better than explorer thumbnails.
And without leaving it. Although there are few details on the function, it is appropriate to work with image formats the most popular versions of Windows 11, the same ones that Explorer can preview.
The announcement was made on Reddit. One of its managers uploaded a test video showing what this function was called A look.
But neither he nor we know when it will be integrated into Microsoft PowerToys so we can all take advantage of Quick Look on Windows.