Why AirPlay is Not Working? If you ask a longtime Apple fan which iOS features they find most useful, among other things, they’ll indeed name AirPlay. One of the Apple ecosystem options allows streaming music or pictures from iPhone or iPad to an external monitor or TV wirelessly and even more wireless apps.
Unfortunately, even in iOS 15, this feature sometimes does not work correctly, so users have a logical question: how to fix this problem?
I did everything according to the instructions, but Airplay is not working on iPhone, won’t connect to a TV, or slows down. Here are some ways to fix it.
Why AirPlay is not Working?? Understand what to If AirPlay isn’t working
AirPlay does not see the TV.
In most cases, we use AirPlay, so we use it to connect iPhonethe to tv. For example, to view certain content on the big screen without transferring files and additional manipulations.
In this case, the smartphone does not connect to the TV, although both devices are connected to Wi-Fi.
What to do if AirPlay does not see the TV?
- Please note that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi hotspot. Turn off cellular on your iPhone or iPad.
- The TV is stationary, so sometimes it doesn’t pick up a Wi-Fi signal well. Try running YouTube on the TV, and if the problems persist, distribute the Internet for the TV via tethering on the iPhone.
- The TV does not support AirPlay: unfortunately, this is found on some modern models with Android TV. They have a Chromecast – AirPlay Analog for Android, but connecting an iPhone is more complicated. We explained how to do this in our article.
- After all, it’s essential that your TV or monitor is on: an iPhone or other AirPlay-enabled device won’t find a blank screen.
If the TV still has Live playback support, it is better to turn off the device from the remote control, then entirely from the outlet, wait 10-15 seconds and turn it on again. Smart TVs aren’t perfect and are susceptible to even minor issues.
Screen Mirroring is not working on iPhone.
In addition, many may notice that the function located in the control center called “Screen Mirroring” does not work. When you tap on it, the required device is not searched to which you want to connect your smartphone. How to be?
- Go to Settings on the iPhone and select “AirPlay and HandOff”: in the “Auto-AirPlay on TV” item, activate Auto so that the smartphone itself connects to the TV without notification.
- Make sure both gadgets are side by side. You don’t need to approach; you shouldn’t be in another room.
- Restart Wi-Fi on the iPhone. But do it through Settings, not Control Center.
Restart both devices. If an iPhone cannot connect to the TV via AirPlay, a system failure is not excluded, which is dealt with by restarting.
AirPlay not working on Mac
Not only on the TV but also on the MacBook itself, you can stream the image.
Not only iPhones or iPad support AirPlay but also Mac computers. If you want to transfer the image from iPhone to MacBook but cannot, you should check the following points.
Update your Mac. The fact is that new versions of the software contain improvements or bug fixes from previous updates. It’s probably time to upgrade, even if you don’t want to.
AirPlay Slows down – what to do
If your device is still connected via AirPlay to an external monitor or Bluetooth speaker, you may notice that the sound or picture may freeze. So, of course, that shouldn’t be the case. Here’s what you can do.
- Check the connection and disconnect other devices from it: smart speakers, smartphones, or computers that currently don’t need a network connection.
- If you’re connecting to a TV, be sure to close unused apps on the TV, especially if it’s a cheap Android TV.
- If the sound from the speaker slows down, try disconnecting the iPhone from other devices: smart watches, earphones, and fitness bracelets.
- Good freezes are a warning sign that the column will soon be unloaded. Put it on charge.
Some experts recommend turning off AirDrop or Bluetooth on iPhone: To do this, open Control Center, long-press the Cellular Data icon, tap AirDrop, then tap Receive Off.
The new iPadOS 16 will bring the long-awaited Stage Manager feature. They explained in a separate article how to activate and use it.
I am dedicated to providing you with the best of blogging, with a focus on dependability and how to write a blog, case study, blogging tips, digital marketing, SEO, and WordPress tutorial.