Updating apps has long been an integral procedure for every user. It doesn’t matter which smartphone you use, if something goes wrong with the update, a whole bunch of different problems immediately follow – from truncated functionality to the inability to open the program you need.
Unlike Android, on iPhone you can only install an update from the App Store, so everything usually goes like clockwork.
Why is My Apps not Updating on iPhone?
Nevertheless, from time to time in our Telegram chat there are complaints that the update simply refuses to install. In today’s article, we will discuss all the nuances of this in detail and offer simple but effective solutions to fix your iPhone problems.
iPhone not connecting to internet
Of course, the first step is to check if your iPhone is connected to the internet. Curiously, but Download updates without Internet Will not:
- Disconnect and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network or mobile data. To do this, swipe up from the top right (iPhone X and later) or swipe up from the bottom (iPhone 8 and later) and tap the Wi-Fi or Cellular icon.
- Change your Wi-Fi connection to cellular data or switch from one Wi-Fi network to another.
- If you use cellular, allow cellular downloads.
- Disable Wi-Fi Help (Settings, Cellular, Wi-Fi Help).
- Check the speed of your internet connection with the Speedtest app.
As a last resort, try resetting your iPhone’s network settings or contact your ISP. If everything is fine with the Internet, just try restart iphone. In most cases, the problem is solved in the second hour.
App Store not loading
Another problem you may encounter if apps on iPhone are not updating is when App Store not loading. That is, the Internet on the smartphone works, but the App Store does not. Here is what to do in this case:
- Check the status of Apple servers using this link (the indicator in front of the App Store should be green).
- Check the date and time on your iPhone (Settings, General, Date & Time).
- Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS (Settings, General, Software Update).
The situation is extremely rare, but still occurs. Over the past six months, Apple’s servers have lost ground several times. Of course, we immediately informed our readers about it on our Telegram channel, be sure to subscribe in order to be up to date with the latest news.
How to enter the App Store?
If you recently purchased an iPhone or got it from a close relative and are having trouble installing updates, check Are you signed in to your Apple ID. You don’t need to log in to the app store separately, but your update account is required.
For go to the App StoreYou need:
- Open the App Store app on your iPhone.
- Next, click on the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- If there is a blue icon with a little guy, you need to sign in to your Apple ID account.
For Sign in to your Apple ID accountfollow the simple instructions:
- Open Settings on your smartphone.
- At the top of the screen, tap the Connect button on iPhone.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Enter the six-digit verification code sent to your other device or phone number to complete the authorization process.
Automatic App Updates on iPhone
If the phone is in order: Internet works, the App Store too, but iPhone apps not updatingyou should then disable automatic updates and try to perform this procedure manually.
For turn off automatic app updates on iphoneYou will need:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and go to the App Store section.
- Next, scroll down to the Automatic Downloads subsection.
- Turn off the toggle switch next to the Software Update item.
Then you need find the app in the app store and update it manually:
- Open the App Store app on your device.
- Click your profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down to the Available Updates section.
- Find the app you need and click the Update button next to it.
It remains only to wait for the end of the download and start using the desired software. I want to say right away that apps removed from russian app store just as updated as everyone else. For example, I love the Spark email client and just updated it a few hours ago.
It’s clear that Sberbank application will not receive updatesbecause it was simply removed from the App Store in principle, but with the rest of the programs everything should work like clockwork.
How to Force an App Update on iPhone?
Finally, I would like to share with you a life tip. I know many users don’t really like automatic updates on iPhone and update them manually. At the same time, many such updates often accumulate, and more than 30 programs need to be updated at once. It is simply impossible to use a smartphone at this time, because neither to go to Telegram, nor to play a toy.
In this case, the download prioritization saves. Many Probably Didn’t Know This, But The iPhone Can Be Forced force app update. For that:
- While updates are downloading, go to the home screen.
- Next, press and hold the icon of the app you want to update first.
- In the menu that opens, click on the Prioritize download button.
- After that, the app will be updated first.
As usual, if you have any issues with Apple technology, I recommend contacting our Telegram chat. With our team of readers, we will certainly help you.