What are the New Features of Windows 11? Windows 11 is Microsoft’s, new darling. The company has been working on its system for some time now, and after its official launch in late 2021, it focused on improving existing features and adding new ones. Now, those of Redmond have just announced novelties for Windows 11which will allow us to streamline our workflow.
File Explorer Tabs will be the first significant change that Windows 11 will incorporate in future updates. Although it may pass for a “small” addition in the eyes of the public, the benefits it will provide will be pretty significant.
These new tabs will allow us to see suggested folders and documents and add folders and files to favorites to access them quickly. Likewise, as we already do in browsers, we can open tabs in Windows Explorer using the plus icon (+), which the company will soon include.
What are the New Features of Windows 11?
Tabs in File Explorer
The second novelty also arrives in the folders section of Windows 11. Now the operating system will allow us to organize our applications and programs in folders in the Start menu, like on an Android tablet or iPad. We can group them according to our needs and access them quickly.
Instant Layouts is the name of the third upgrade. It will be focused on the Windows 11 experience on touchscreen devices. With Instant Layouts, we can organize the windows that we have on the screen in different ways: three columns, divided into two, three, or four windows and columns at 80:20. To use this new feature, you need to touch the preference icon, and your windows will automatically be arranged in the desired order.
The 7 other new features of Windows 11
- Full integration with Windows 365. This is another of Microsoft’s innovations for its operating system. Now, when starting the computer, users can choose to boot directly into Windows 365. In addition, Windows 11 will better integrate Microsoft’s cloud operating system. With Windows 365 Switch, you can quickly switch between the two systems as easily as a new window or desktop.
- Windows 365, but offline. That’s right, Microsoft’s cloud operating system also benefits from offline processing. With this improvement, we will be able to work directly in Windows 365, even if we are offline. Once we have the internet, all changes will be automatically synced to the cloud.
- Focus mode. With this new integration, Microsoft plans to make life easier for people with attention regulation issues, like those with ADHD. However, anyone can use it. With Focus mode, your device will go into Do Not Disturb way, which will prevent the arrival of notifications that could distract the user. Moreover, you can use a timer to control your working time.
Windows 11 video calling improvements
- The new live subtitles. Also known as live subtitles, they are an upcoming Windows 11 integration that will be available for web and apps; the best thing is that the operating system will directly manage it, so we will not have to depend on the subtitles of each of the websites (which often do not offer this function). With automatic captions in Windows 11, you can see the transcript of almost anything that happens on your screen.
- macOS-Inspired Video Calls. Yes, now Microsoft has thought of including two new features to improve Windows 11 video calls. They go by the name of Voice focus and Contact lenses. The first will allow you to eliminate background noise and leave only your voice. The second, for its part, offers you an option to blur the background, detecting only our face and body.
User Protection as a flag
- Artificial intelligence for user protection. This function will be available from Smart App Control, one novelty that will allow Windows 11 to detect malicious applications when they try to block the functions of others. Smart App Control uses artificial intelligence and Microsoft algorithms to predict the malicious behavior of specific apps.
- The first operating system protected against phishing. Thanks to Microsoft Defender, users will be alerted when they want to access a website that could expose them to an attack of this style.
Yes, for now, we don’t know when all this news will be available in Windows 11. We know that with each update, Microsoft will gradually add them to its operating system.
Just be sure to update your gear regularly so you can take advantage of them as soon as they become available.
I am dedicated to providing you with the best of blogging, with a focus on dependability and how to write a blog, case study, blogging tips, digital marketing, SEO, and WordPress tutorial.