- Play the icon of the musical note in the vertical menu on the right before or after taking a snap photo or video.
- Choose the play button icon next to a featured sound to preview it and then tap Next to add it to your snap.
- As an alternative, touch + Create sound and the top of the Featured Sounds tabs to record your own sound.
This article explains how to add sounds to your Snapchat photo or video Snaps using the built-in highlight sounds or recording your own.
How to add featured sounds to your snaps
Snapchat offers a selection of song clips that you can automatically insert into your photo or video snaps. Unlike other applications, such as tik tok, Snapchat’s featured sounds library is currently very small and doesn’t include a highlight feature. search to search for specific songs or sounds.
- In the Snapchat app, navigate to the tab of snaps by tapping the camera icon in the bottom menu.
- Decide if you want to add a sound to your snap before you take it or after you’ve taken it. If you decide to add it later, take your photo or record your video now.
- In the vertical menu on the right of the screen, touch the icon Music.
- will appear a tab of Featured Sounds which displays a list of tracks, each with a thumbnail image, the track name, and the artist name. Select the play button icon to the right of any track to hear a preview.
- Once you’ve previewed and decided on a track to add as a sound to your snapshot, tap the blue Next button at the bottom.
If you don’t need to hear a view track preview, simply select it to add it to your snapshot.
- In the preview of your snap, Choose optionally the sound timeline at the bottom of the screen to drag and select the appropriate section to include, then tap the checkmark icon to confirm.
If you decide you don’t like the way your Snap looks or sounds, tap the X icon to select a different sound, or leave your Snap if you want to start from scratch.
- A graphic sound sticker displaying the track name and artist name will appear above your snap. You can drag it and let her go in any place of the screen to move it away, however, if you choose to drag and drop it onto the trash can icon that appears at the bottom, your sound will disappear.
- Continue editing or adding features like stickers and filters as you normally would, and then select the blue arrow button to send it to your friends and/or post it to your stories.
How to add your own sounds to your Snaps
If you can’t find a sound you want to use from the sounds built-in highlights on Snapchat, you can record your own in the app and automatically add it to your snap.
- Follow steps one through three above.
- On the Featured Sounds tab, tap + Create sound on top.
- While your sound is playing, whether on your device in another app or in your environment, tap the Record button to start recording.
- Tap the Record button again to stop recording the sound.
- A preview of your sound will start playing. Type a name in the Sound Name field, optionally tap the Make this sound public? button. to make it widely accessible, and then optionally slide caps at the beginning and end of the sound timeline to trim your sound clip.
- Touch the blue save sound button.
- Select the saved sound to add it to your snap and preview it. Optionally, select the sound timeline at the bottom of the screen to drag it and select the appropriate section to include it, then tap the check mark icon to confirm.
Every time you access the tab Featured Sounds by tapping on the musical note icon, you will see a new tab called My Sounds where all your saved sounds will be. You can edit or delete a saved sound by pressing prolonged over one of your saved sounds. Then select Edit to change your name or privacy settings, or select Delete to remove it.
- Continue editing or adding features as you normally would, and then select the blue arrow button to send it to your friends and/or post it to your stories.