Sling TV is a streaming service that lets cord-cutters watch live TV without a cable or satellite subscription. The biggest difference between Sling TV and cable is that it requires a high-speed internet connection and a compatible device.
The good news is that if you have a computer, smartphone, or set-top box, you probably already have one. device that works with Sling TV. You can even stream shows from your phone or tablet to your TV, or watch Sling TV directly on your smart TV if it’s compatible.
Sling TV Competitors
In addition to offering an alternative to cable and satellite TV providers, Sling TV has several direct competitors that also broadcast live TV. Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV and DirecTV Now provide access to multiple live TV channels, as well as Sling TV. CBS All Access is another similar service that only offers live TV from your local broadcaster from CBS.
Other streaming services, like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, offer on-demand streaming of TV shows, but don’t actually provide live TV shows like Sling TV. Viewers can even access a Sling TV guide (also known as the channel lineup) if they like cable TV and network setup.
How to sign up for Sling TV?
Signing up for Sling TV is a very simple process and includes a free trial. The trial is free even if you choose several à la carte options, but you must provide a valid credit card.
- Go to sling.com
- look for a button it says Registration Is See now to begin the registration process.
- Enter your email address, choose a password and click “Register”.
- Choose the sling tv plan you want. For more information on which plan to choose, see the next section of this article.
- Choose the Additional Features you want, including DVR and additional channel packages.
- Select the premium channels what you want
- Select the packages channels in Spanish or international that you want.
- click on Continue. Enter your name and credit card information.
- Click on Finish and send.
If you don’t cancel before the end of the trial, your card will be charged according to the options you selected during checkout. registration.
How to Choose a Sling TV Package?
There are two main Sling TV plans, and you can also combine them to save a little money:
- Orange slingshot: Over 30 channels, including many popular basic cable channels like ESPN, Disney Channel and AMC.
- SlingBlue: Over 40 channels, including select networks like Fox and NBC, Regional Sports and the NFL Network.
- Orange+Blue Strap: Over 50 channels including all Sling Orange and Sling Blue.
Local channel offerings vary by region.
If you can watch local TV with an HD antenna, Sling Orange is a good inexpensive alternative to cable TV. doesn’t offer access to local stations, but it does include the most popular basic cable channels, like ESPN sports and ESPN kids’ shows. Disney and Cartoon Network.
Blue Sling It costs a bit more than Sling Orange, but it’s a good alternative if you haven’t been lucky enough to get cable TV with an antenna. This plan does not include ESPN or Disney Channel, but add NBC and Fox as well as several basic cable channels like US and FX.
Orange+Blue Strap It costs a bit more than Sling Blue, but it includes everything and also lets you watch more shows at once than any of the other plans.
How many shows can you watch at once with Sling TV?
Services like Sling TV limit the number of shows or streams you can watch at once. This means that, depending on the plan you choose, your children can watch Disney Channel on your iPad while watching NFL Network on your TV.
The number of streams you can watch at once with Sling TV depends on the plan you choose:
- Orange slingshot: Limited to one stream at a time.
- SlingBlue: Limited to three streams at a time.
- Orange + Blue Sling: Limited to four streams at a time (one Orange Sling channel and three Blue Sling channels).
What internet speed is required for Sling TV?
Before choosing a plan and contracting, it is also important to ensure that your Internet speed is adequate.
The picture quality you get from Sling is directly related to your connection speed, so don’t expect HD picture quality on a low-speed cellular data connection.
According to Sling TV, you need:
- 3+ Mbps to transmit lower quality image to portable devices such as phone or tablet.
- 5+ Mbps for a single stream to a TV or computer.
- 25+ Mbps to take full advantage of the multiple streams offered by Sling Blue or Sling Orange+Blue.
Sling TV pay-per-view options
One of the main selling points of Sling TV is that it offers more options than cable or satellite TV providers. In addition to the main packages SOrange and Sling Blue, You also have the option of subscribing to additional channel packages.
Pay-per-view packages include between five and twelve additional channels and are based on themes such as comedy, sports and children. Multiple packages can also be combined to save more money.
channels are also available premium like HBO, Showtime and Starz.
Although basic Sling TV plans do not include the functionality of DVR Cloud DVR It is available as an à la carte option. Does not work with all channels available on sling tv, but yes with several different devices. So if you set it up to record something on your computer, you can access that recording later through your smartphone or whatever. supported device.
How to Watch Live TV with Sling TV
The main point of Sling TV is that it lets you watch live TV, so it works much more like cable than streaming services like Hulu or Netflix.
This means that when you open Sling TV on your computer, phone, or TV, it presents you with a list of everything that’s currently playing. This also means that when you watch a show on Sling TV, it includes ads, just like cable TV.
If you have the cloud DVR option, you can record shows and then fast forward through commercials just like you would with cable TV.
To see the television living with Sling TV is a very simple process.
- Use the tongue my TV, Now Guide or Sports to locate a show you want to watch.
As well you can use the function of Research to locate specific programs.
- Click on the Program What do you want to see.
- Click on See live.
How to watch on-demand content on Sling TV
Although Sling TV is primarily designed to deliver live TV to non-cable users, it does include on-demand content similar to what you get on cable TV.
- Go to the network that is broadcasting the program you want to watch, for example, go to Cartoon Network If you want to see adventure time .
- Find the show you want to watch. If you have on-demand episodes available, it will say “X Episodes” under the series name.
- Click on the Program What do you want to see on the menu?
- Select the season What do you want to see.
- Locate it episode What do you want to see.
The availablity of episodes is limited.
- Click on Watch.
Rent movies on Sling TV
Watching movies on Sling TV works much like watching movies on a cable TV service. In addition to the movies available on live TV channels, Sling TV also offers movie rentals.
Renting movies on Sling TV has an additional cost that goes beyond the charge of monthly subscription, just like renting movies through a cable box cable television.
If you find a movie you want to rent on Sling, you can choose to rent it in standard or high definition format. The standard definition format is less expensive and a good option if you’re viewing on a small screen like a phone or tablet.
After paying for the rental of a movie, you have a limited time to start watching it. And after you start watching it, you have a limited time to End it. the limits are enough generous, but they exist.
What is the Downside of sling tv?
- Only partial access to local channels
- Confusing channel package
What is sling tv phone number?
1 (888) 363-1777
I am dedicated to providing you with the best of blogging, with a focus on dependability and how to write a blog, case study, blogging tips, digital marketing, SEO, and WordPress tutorial.