How to Normalize MP3 Files to Play at the Same Volume? What do you want to know
- Download and install MP3Gain and select Options > File Name Display > Show file only.
- Then select Add file(s) and add your files Gain MP3 to MP3.
- Select Analysis of Track > Track Gain for unlinked tracks, or Album Analysis > Gain album to normalize an album.
How to Normalize MP3 Files to Play at the Same Volume?
This article explains how to create your files MP3 all be played at the same volume, without any loss of quality, using free software. standardization audio called Gain MP3. The instructions here apply to windows pc, but users of Mac have a similar utility called MP3Gain Express for Mac.
Download and Configure MP3Gain
Most of MP3Gain’s default settings are optimal for the average user; the only recommended change is the way the files are displayed on screen. These instructions show how to configure MP3Gain to display only file names. (The default view settings show the directory path as well as the file name, which can make it difficult to work with your MP3 files.)
- Download and install Gain MP3.
- Select tab Choice at the top of the screen.
- Select the option of File name display menu.
- To select Show file only. The files you choose are now easy to read in the main viewing windows.
Add MP3 files
To start normalizing a batch of filesadd them to the MP3Gain file queue.
- Select icon Add file (s) and use the file browser to navigate to the location of your MP3 files.
- Select the files you want to add to the MP3Gain queue. Do it manually or use standard keyboard shortcuts Windows.(CTRL+A to select all files in a folder, CTRL+ button mouse to queue individual selections, etc. )
- Once you are happy with your selections, select the Open button to continue.
To add a large list of files MP3 from various folders on your hard drive quickly, select Add Folder. It will save you a lot of time to browse each folder and highlight all MP3 files.
Analyze MP3 files
There are two analysis modes in MP3Gain: one for individual tracks and one for entire albums.
- If you queued a selection of MP3 songs unrelated tracks that are not part of an entire album, select the Analyze Tracks button. By doing so, each MP3 file in the list will be examined and the playback gain value will be calculated based on the target volume setting (default is 89 dB).
- If you are working on an album, tap the down arrow next to the track analyze icon and select album analyze mode. Select the Album Analysis button to begin this process.
MP3Gain uses a lossless technique Replay gain for the standardization volume, using the ID3 metadata tag to adjust the volume of a track during playback. Some programs of normalization resamplingr each file, which may decrease sound quality.
After what MP3 gain browse through all files in the queue, display volume levels and calculated gain, and highlight red files that are too loud and have clipping.
Normalize music tracks
Now is the time to normalize the selected files. As in the previous step, there are two ways to apply normalization.
- For a selection of unrelated MP3 files, select Track Gain to correct all files in the queue; this mode is based on the target volume in track mode.
- If you need to correct an album, select the down arrow next to the Track Gain icon and select Album Gain. This mode normalizes all tracks in the album to the target volume, but keeps the volume differences between each track as they were on the original album. Select the Album Gain button to start fixing all files.
When MP3Gain is complete, the list will show that all files have been normalized.
Once the files are normalized, it’s time to do a sound check.
- Select the tab of Menu file.
- Choose Select all files (or use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+A).
- Right-click anywhere on the highlighted files and choose Play mp3 file in the context menu to start your player multimedia predetermined.
- I listened his songs. If you are satisfied with the smoothness of the volume, enjoy your music!
If you still need to adjust the sound levels of your songs, repeat Tutorial using a different target volume.