Thinking to move from iPhone to Android? Google is trying to attract iPhone users to Android with these 10 reasons, will it succeed?
Not so long ago, Google introduced its “Switch to Android” application, an application for iPhone users who find it easier to switch to Android facilitating the transfer of data and information. Apple also offers a similar app called “Move to iOS”.
This app added compatibility with more devices and Google created a specific website explaining the process. And that’s where you’ll find a link to his blog with the 10 Google reasons for you to switch to Android.
10 Reasons to Move From iPhone to Android
In a post on his official blog, Google tries to convince iPhone users to switch to Android for 10 reasons. Will he get it? Personally, I have my doubts:
- Express yourself in new ways– With the Messages and Gboard application, it is easy and pleasant to send messages, especially between friends using Android. Group chats, high-quality photo and video sharing, read receipts, and emoji reactions are all available through RCS, and thousands of mashup emoji stickers are there to help you express your feelings. (Rest assured, your iPhone friends will also continue to receive your messages.)
- Video chat with anyone, anywhere– If your friends and family have Google accounts, it’s easier than ever to video chat with Google Meet on Android. Or if you prefer FaceTime, you can still use it in the latest version of Chrome. Or with apps like WhatsApp on Google Play, you can chat with anyone around the world for free. Android offers so many options, it’s easy to stay connected to the ones that matter most to you.
- Listen to your favorite music– Catch up with the latest hits with your favorite streaming service available on Android. And if you’ve already purchased and downloaded music on your iPhone, your music will transfer to your Android phone, as long as it’s free of digital rights management (DRM). Your Apple Music purchases and downloaded content will remain accessible on your new Android device by downloading the Apple Music app.
- Your favorite apps and more– With Google Play, you’ll find the apps you already use and love, and you’ll quickly start discovering many more. Do you want to organize an outdoor getaway? Hipcamp will help you book your next campsite, Skyview Lite will be your guide to stargazing in the sky, and AllTrails will help you find the perfect hike for you and your friends. A summer of fun is made possible with your new Android.
- A privacy-centric approach: On your new phone, your data is proactively protected by Android. Android helps defeat bad apps, malware, phishing, and spam, and helps you stay ahead of threats. Messages, for example, help protect people from 1.5 billion spam messages per month. Android also provides timely recommendations, like asking you to select your location-sharing preferences when you open an app, to help you make the best decisions for your privacy. Learn more about how to keep your data private and secure.
- More devices that work better together– Choose from a wide variety of Fast Pair-enabled Chromebooks, Wear OS smartwatches, Google TV devices, and headphones like Pixel Buds that work best with your phone. In fact, some of your Apple products will still work with your Android device, like AirPods.
- Get more done with Google apps and services: Are you traveling on vacation and don’t know how to read local signs? Scan text for instant translation so you can get to your destination quickly. Editing a Google Doc on your laptop, but need to finish it on the go? You can also easily continue working on your Android phone. Google prides itself on being helpful, and the best of Google is built into Android phones.
- Share music, photos and more between devices: Nearby Sharing lets you easily share music, photos, and other files between your nearby Android and Chrome OS devices. To share content like photos and videos with non-Android devices, you can easily use the sharing built into Google Photos or various other apps that allow you to share with your friends and family and keep them in a storage bank. organized memory for the future.
- Personalize your home screen with Android widgets– Widgets are useful additions to any home screen, putting the information most important to you at your fingertips. There will soon be 35 Google widgets available on Android, so whether you want easy access to real-time traffic forecasts from Google Maps or have translations ready so you can communicate with family and friends, Android has you covered. Make life easier. .
- Useful technology for everyone– Everyone has their own way of using their devices. That’s why we create accessible features and products that work for the many ways people want to experience the world. Whether you want to use your device without needing the screen using TalkBack or want to take what’s said out loud and create a real-time transcription with Live Transcribe, Android has you covered when and how you need it.
The iPhone 13 Pro and Pixel 6 Pro are the biggest representatives of Apple and Google
Since then, if these are the best reasons google has found, it won’t convince many users to trade in their iPhone for an Android device. If we start to analyze each reason that Google gives us, we find that with the iPhone we have something equal or better.
The iMessage application is more complete than Messages on Android, being able to even install game apps and send messages with effects. Video chat and music, even Google itself mentions Apple apps like FaceTime or Apple Music with the rest of the applications also available for the iPhone.
We don’t even talk about privacy on Android and customization, after the arrival of iOS 16 I think no user will ever complain about the small customization of iPhone and your new lock screen. FaceTime between iPhone and Android: to make a video call
yes, they are right if you use Google devices, like Chromebooks or Wear OS smartwatches, there are advantages to using Android, but it’s the same as if you have a Mac and an Apple Watch.
I don’t know about you, but Google didn’t convince me.
I am dedicated to providing you with the best of blogging, with a focus on dependability and how to write a blog, case study, blogging tips, digital marketing, SEO, and WordPress tutorial.