How to Use Snapchat Maps? What you need to know
- Open Snapchat and tap the Snap Map button in the action bar.
- Or, tap a friend’s photo in the tab Friends. Touch the preview image of a shared location to open the SnapMap.
- You can also access Snap Map in a web browser by going to map. Snapchat. com.
This article explains how to access and use Snap Map on Snapchat 9.35.5 and later.
What is Snapchat Snap Map?
You can share your location with your friends on Snapchat by applying location filters to your snaps, but that’s not all you can do. Snapchat snap map offers a whole new way to share your Location.
Snapchat snap map is an interactive map that you can use to share your location with your friends. You can also see your friends when they share their location with you. If your friends have integrated their account Bitmoji with Snapchat your Bitmoji characters appear on the map at your location.
Snap Map also has a community-based Our Story feature, which allows you to add your snaps from a location to a collection of stories for that specific location. So when anyone views that collection of stories from the Snap Map, they see the snaps of the users who contributed to it. Our history for that location.
How to Use Snapchat Maps?
To get the Snap Map in the app Snapchat for iOS and Android, tap the Snap Map button on the action bar. Your location will appear, but you can also touch Friends to see the locations your friends have shared. touch the button Setting (gear icon) to manage your Snap Map settings.
You can also touch a friend’s photo in the Friends tab. If they have shared their location, a preview image will appear below their name on their profile. play it to open SnapMap.
You can also access Snap Map in a web browser by going to map. Snapchat. Com. This is a public version with no login or username.
If this is your first time opening Snap Map, you may be prompted to configure Snap Map settings. You can choose whether you want only you, your friends, or specific friends to see your location.
How to use Snap Map in the Snapchat app
Now that you know how to access Snap Map, you can start using it. Here are the different ways you can take advantage of it:
- See the location of your friends: Friends who have chosen to share their location with you appear on Snap Map. Tap a friend to start a chat with them, or long-press to go to their profile.
- Find a friend’s location: If you’re wondering where in the world a friend might be, tap Search at the top of the screen to search for a specific friend on the map.
- Use the heat map to see the snapshots that other people have shared: Use your finger to drag the map and look for the color splashes on the map, which show where people are taking snapshots. Blue means that there are few snapshots, while red means that there is a lot of activity in that location. Tap a colored area to see the snapshots shared from there.
- See Stories to see the hot spots: Exploring the colored portions of the map reveals collections of stories for popular locations and events. Tap a popular part of the map to reveal the circular story collection, then tap the story collection to see the stories that have been added to it.
- See the stories of the most frequented places: If you explore the colored parts of the map, you’ll see story collections for the most frequented places and events: If you’re taking a snapshot from a location with your own story collection, select Our Story in the Send To tab after taking a snapshot. Or, tap +Customize at the top of the Send To tab to create your own GeoStory, which you can share with people nearby.
How to use the Snap map from the web
You can access the Snapchat map from the website. Similar to how you use a finger to drag the map in the mobile app, you can use your cursor to select and drag the map to other locations. You can also use the mouse or the trackpad to zoom in or out.
Select a colored slice or any collection of circular stories that appears to view the snaps. A window appears over the map and automatically plays snaps shared by people at that location.
How to Change Your Location Settings on Snapchat?
If you want to change your setting location later:
- Tap your profile icon in the top left, then tap the gear icon in the top right to access your settings. Scroll down to the Who section can and touch See my location.
- In the Settings tab, customize the settings.
– My friends allow anyone you’re friends with on Snapchat to see you on the map.
– My friends allow you to exclude anyone in your Snapchat contact list.
– Only these friends it’s where you choose who of your connections can see you on the map.
- Tap the Ghost Mode switch to activate the feature. When Ghost Mode is on, no one can see your location, not even your friends. In the menu that appears, set a time limit of three or 24 hours for Ghost Mode, or keep it on indefinitely.
- Snapchat saves your changes automatically.
I am dedicated to providing you with the best of blogging, with a focus on dependability and how to write a blog, case study, blogging tips, digital marketing, SEO, and WordPress tutorial.