How to upload saved photos? what you need to know
- In the tab of the camera, touch the icon Memories (the overlay photos) under the camera button, then tap Camera Roll.
- To edit the photo or video, tap the three dots in the top right corner and select Edit Photo (iOS) or Edit snap (Android).
- Save the photo or video to your Memories from Snapchatsend it to a friend, or post it as a Snapchat story.
This article explains how to share photos and videos on Snapchat. The instructions apply to iOS and Android devices.
How to access Snapchat Memories?
Snapchat Memories allow you to both save snaps that you take through the Snapchat app like uploading existing photos/videos from your device. Here’s how to easily access the Memories feature on Snapchat:
- open the application Snapchat and navigate to the camera tab (if you’re not already there) by swiping left or right across the tabs.
- Tap the little icon image double which is displayed just below the camera button.
A new tab labeled Memories will slide up from the bottom of the screen displaying a grid of snaps if you’ve saved any. If you haven’t saved any yet, this tab will be blank.
How to Upload Saved photos & Video?
To upload something from your device, you have to use the function Memories. You can make edits to the images in the app Snapchat. If you’re sending a video, you can trim it within Snapchat, mute the sound, add text, and draw on it before sending.
- In Memories you should see three tabs: Snaps, Camera Roll, and My Eyes Only.(If you haven’t set it, you won’t see My Eyes Only.)touch the Camera roll to switch to the correct tab.
Camera Roll items are the images and videos that are on your phone. To back up items on Snapchat, set My Eyes Only. Select the snaps you want to make private, tap the lock icon at the bottom of the screen, and follow the onscreen prompts. You may first need to allow Snapchat to access the photos on your device. If you haven’t already, a popup should appear asking for your permission. Tap OK to continue.
- Select one photo or a video to send it as a message to your friends or post it as a story.
- Play the menu from the upper right corner represented by three dots.
- Choose Edit Photo (iOS) or Edit Snap (Android).
- make edit options on your photo or video using the tools that appear for text, emoji, drawings, filters, or cut-and-paste edits.
You will not be able to apply filters with Bitmoji or animations since the photo or video was taken outside of the Snapchat app. However, you should be able to use at least one of the many tinted filters.
- When you’re done making your edits, tap Done and optionally save the image using the prompts that appear.
- You don’t have to save the edited image to send it. If you want to send it without saving it, tap the send button to send the uploaded snap to your friends as a message or to post it as a story.
The Snapchat format of uploaded photos and videos
Maybe note that some of the photos and videos that you decide to go up to Snapchat look different than the ones you take directly through the app. For example, some may appear cropped with black borders around them while others may be enlarged with black borders around them. exteriors cropped.
Snapchat will do its best to make your photo or video look good enough to send, but since it wasn’t taken directly through the app, it won’t necessarily look perfect.
Blocked third-party apps