How to Revert to iOS 15 from iOS 16? We show you step by step how to upgrade from iOS 16 beta to a stable version of iOS 15, it’s very simple.
After the official presentation of iOS 16, Apple launched the system beta, a beta that any user can install on their iPhone. You can now try all the new features of iOS 16, however, since this is a beta version, you may encounter many errors and issues, so we will tell you how you can upgrade from iOS 16 to a stable version of iOS 15.
If you noticed that iOS 16 beta not working as it should on your iPhoneyou have battery issues or there are apps not working properly, it’s time to get back to iOS 15. We’ve tested the beta of iOS 16 and it works really well, although we found some important bugs .
Before continuing with the steps, there are a number of previous requirements What you should keep in mind:
- Go to your iPhone settings and General > VPN & Device Management > iOS 16 Beta Software Profile > Delete Profile.
- A Mac or Windows PC
- The IPSW file of the latest version of iOS 15 available.
- A previous backup of your iPhone or iPad on iOS 15. The iPhone will be restored to how it was before the iOS 16 beta was installed.
- iOS 16 backup cannot be used when downgrading to iOS 15.
You can get IPSW file of your iPhone or iPad model on this website, select your device and the latest version of iOS 15 available.
How to Revert to iOS 15 from iOS 16?
Once you have downloaded the corresponding iOS 15 IPSW file to your device, here are the steps to downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15:
- Come into Settingsclick on your name, select Search > Find My iPhone and turn it off.
- Connect iPhone to a Mac or PC using the USB cable.
- Now you will need to put your iPhone in recovery mode:
- On iPhone 8 or later models: Short press the volume up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then hold down the side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the side button and the volume down button simultaneously. Keep pressing them until the recovery mode screen appears.
- iPhone 6s and earlier models: Simultaneously press and hold the Home button and the Top (or Side) button. Keep pressing them until the recovery mode screen appears.
- Open Finder on Mac or iTunes on Windowsthe iPhone should appear on the computer.
- In you MacClick on Restore iPhone while holding the Option key. In the Windows Keep it shift key by clicking Restore.
- Select the iOS 15 IPSW File that you previously downloaded.
- To confirm and wait for the process to complete.
iOS 16: this is the best news according to users
These are the steps to downgrade to iOS 15 from iOS 16yes, you need to completely restore your device and you may lose some saved data because the backups of the two systems are incompatible.
I am dedicated to providing you with the best of blogging, with a focus on dependability and how to write a blog, case study, blogging tips, digital marketing, SEO, and WordPress tutorial.