Macs with Apple Silicon follow a slightly different restore process.
The arrival of silicone apple Several things have changed for MacBooks, such as a drastic increase in performance. But one of them is restoration process MacBook and maybe now you don’t know how to do it.
With the Intel processors we said to perform a key combination when the MacBook boots, but all this now it’s different for those who have Apple laptops with the new Apple Silicon processor.
This option is important to know when you want for example to resell your Mac or to put it to zero because it works very badly. Then we tell you How to do it.
How to Restore a Mac with an Apple Silicon Chip
we suggest that read all the steps before restoring your Mac because you have several options and you can get a unexpected failure.
- Have a good internet connection it is a priority since if we don’t have it we can go on forever with the restoration.
- We turn off our Mac.
- when you turn it on, press the ignition button for several seconds.
- You will see that when it is turned on you will receive a message under the Apple logo informing you that it will start boot mode for disk utility.
- When you get the options or settings logo and Macintosh HD image, click “Choice” And give Continue.
- Surely now he will ask you to enter the the password What did you put on the computer?
- You will now be in the disk utility menu. If you want to restore the operating system, click “Reinstall macOS“. This option won’t erase your content or files.
- Yes you want to delete all content and files on your computer before restoring the operating system, first click “disk utility“. Choose the disk you want to erase and press Erase. Now you should return to previous step and click “Reinstall MacOS”.
- After a while you the software will be reinstalled. If the installation failure We recommend that you contact Apple before proceeding with the next walkthrough.
What to do if macOS reinstallation fails?
Maybe Apple fixed it already, but on some Macs, reinstalling the OS gives a weird error. In order to solve it:
- We need a Alternative Mac. Its very important.
- The alternate Mac must have the “Apple Configurator 2” available on the Mac App Store.
- we need a connector USB-C / USB-C (or whatever connector we need to connect the two Macs) and connect them.
- Open Apple Configurator 2 on the other Mac for “to help” to the other Mac to download the operating system. To do this, we must put our Macnot the alternative, in DFU mode.
- On our Mac, it we turn off completely and press the power button while pressing the control: Power Button + Right Shift + Uncertain Option + Left Control. After 10 seconds, release all buttons minus the power button. If it helps, on the other Mac you will see a window in the Apple Configurator 2 application with the letters DFU. This way you will know if you did it right or not.
- We right click on the DFU icon on the alternative Mac and click on “Restore“. It’s quite a long process, don’t worry.
- When To download the operating system on the other Mac, it will transmit it through the cable to our Mac and will restore.
Apple starts selling refurbished Mac Studio at deep discountsAnd that’s how new Macs are restored with Apple Silicon. Hopefully none of the computers from the Apple company these errors when you try to restore or delete them as it becomes quite a complicated process.