How to play snappables? You can play games on Snapchat with your friends using a feature called Snappables. Like the function lenses, Snappables games are built right into the app and are extremely easy (and dare we say addictive) to start playing.
What are Snappables and How do they work?
Snappables are AR video games (augmented reality) played by holding the device in front of you as if you were going to take a selfie with the front camera.
Using face detection technology, Snapchat will identify the features of your face to augment and animate parts of it for the game. Game elements will also be added to parts of your face and other parts of the screen.
How is Snappables different from Lenses?
Snappables are very similar to Lenses, which also use face detection technology to apply face filters. AR to your face so you can capture them in a photo or video. The difference between Snappables and Lenses is that Snappables are interactive, while lenses are not.
Snappables require you to perform some type of action through touch, movement, or facial expression to earn points or try to perform at your best. They also encourage you to keep playing by sending Snappables to your friends until someone wins the game.
The lenses, on the other hand, do not have point systems or competitive elements. You can send one just once without being encouraged to send many back and forth to a friend.
How to Play Snappables? Where to Find Snappables?
Finding Snappables is pretty straightforward and can be easily found on the Snapchat app.
To find Snappables:
- Opens Snapchat, which should automatically take you to the Camera tab. If you’re already on Snapchat, swipe left or right between the tabs until you get to the Camera tab.
- If necessary, tap the camera switch icon in the top right corner to make sure you’re using your front camera.
- Hold your device firmly in front of you so you can see yourself on the screen.
- Keep your finger pressed on your face to activate the app’s facial detection.
It may take a few seconds for the app to detect your face correctly, especially in very low or bright light. You’ll know it’s complete when the spinning “think” animation disappears from the screen and a set of additional buttons appear at the bottom on either side of the large white circle button.
- Swipe right to navigate and activate Snappables, located to the left of the large white circular button.
- Choose a Snappable and tap the blue Start button that appears above it. Snappable button.
How to Play Snappables with Your Friends?
Snappables are meant to encourage your friends to join in the fun. Here we explain how to get them to play too.
- Follow the steps above to select a Snappable and Start the game.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to play. The Snappable will tell you when to tap the main snap button to take a photo or hold it down to record a short video.
- Tap the blue arrow button in the bottom right corner to send your Snappable to your friends, or tap the white square with the plus icon in the bottom left corner to post it as a story.
Posting your Snappable as a story is a great way to give more friends the option to play with you, but without being as direct by sending them a Snap message. Friends viewing your story can choose to pass or play their way.
Anyone who sees your Snappable will be asked if they want to play. Also, if you view a friend’s Snappable, you can tap Play or Pass on the screen that appears when the Snappable ends.
Some Snappables, especially those based on earning points, can be set up as challenges. Friends can accept your challenge by trying to beat your score, then reply or add it as a story.
How Often are new Snappables Released?
New Snappables are released every week, while favorites will stay accessible for longer. You can tell if a Snappable is new by looking for the blue dot that appears on top of the Snappable’s button.
Check out these fun Snappables if you’re interested in seeing some good ones:
- Cucumber-biting Snappable: Use your mouth to bite as many cucumbers as possible and challenge your friends to beat your score.
- Snappable Truth or Dare: Choose a truth or dare question and share your answers via a video snap.
- Our Baby Snappable: Take a selfie and ask a friend for a selfie to see what your baby would look like if you had one together.
I am dedicated to providing you with the best of blogging, with a focus on dependability and how to write a blog, case study, blogging tips, digital marketing, SEO, and WordPress tutorial.