Don’t you know who sees your WhatsApp statuses? Here is an easy guide for discovering the people who watch them.
Like Instagram and Facebook stories, WhatsApp statuses allow us to share photos, videos or text for our contacts to see for a maximum period of 24 hours. This function has the advantage of being able to know who exactly sees your statuses, but also the exact time of visualization. If you still do not discover how this tool works, we share a guide on knowing who sees your WhatsApp statuses.
How to know who sees my WhatsApp status? Hide or show my WhatsApp statuses
Before knowing who sees your WhatsApp statuses, you may be interested in knowing how to configure the display of your statuses in the application. That is, decide to whom of your contacts to hide or show your statuses from the settings menu.
WhatsApp allows you to hide or show your statuses to:
- ‘My contacts’: all contacts will be able to see your status updates.
- ‘My contacts, except …’: all your contacts will be able to see your status updates, except those you select.
- ‘Only share with …’: Only contacts you select will be able to see your status updates.
How do I know who sees my WhatsApp statuses?
Now, the time has come to know who sees your WhatsApp statuses officially:
- Go to the ‘States’ tab and open your state.
- At the bottom, you can see the symbol of an eye, accompanied by a number. This number corresponds to the number of people who have seen your WhatsApp status.
- Press or swipe up on the eye symbol to see the specific list of people who have seen your status and at what time.
If you have published more than one status, you can repeat the process changing one by one. You can also view a quick summary of who has seen your statuses. To do this, go to the ‘States’ tab, click on the three vertical dots located at the top right of the screen, and all the statuses you have published in the last 24 hours and how many people have seen them will appear.
In the list of people who have seen your statuses, those numbers of people you do not have saved among your contacts may also appear. But everything will depend on the privacy settings you have established for the ‘States’, which we already explained above.
Likewise, you will not check who has seen your WhatsApp statuses if you deactivate the ‘Read confirmation’.
Do not forget to try all the functions and tools that WhatsApp offers you.