How to know if someone has blocked you on Facebook Messenger? what you need to know
- Send a message to the person, if he receives it, it is likely that he has not locked it.
- If you see a warning saying the message wasn’t sent, the person may have blocked you.
- If you can see the person’s Facebook profile, they may have blocked you on Messenger but not on Facebook.
This article explains how to tell if someone has blocked you on facebook messenger with instructions for desktop websites and mobile apps.
How to know if Someone has Blocked You on Facebook Messenger?: Mobile Version
The easiest way to check if you’ve been blocked on Messenger but not on Facebook is to use the mobile application and check if a message arrives or not.
If they don’t, you can check if that person is still on Facebook. If it does, then it has blocked you on Messenger only.
- while you’re in the messenger app tap the search bar, and type your friend’s name.
- Tap your friend’s name when it appears in the search results. Search.
- Write your message in the text box at the bottom of the screen and select the send button.
If the message is sent normally, your friend hasn’t blocked you on Messenger. But, if he tells you “Message not sent” and that “This person is not receiving messages at the moment”, this means that neither:
- They have locked on Messenger but not on Facebook.
- You have been blocked on Facebook itself.
- your friend has disabled your account.
There is also the possibility that you will not receive any messages. The recipient won’t receive your message or be able to reply, so if you don’t receive a reply, you may have been blocked.
In either case, your next step is to determine which of these possibilities applies. Open the Facebook app and search for your friend’s name. If it shows up in search results after you type their name, they may have blocked you on Facebook Messenger, but not on Facebook.
But if your friend’s account isn’t showing up, this doesn’t necessarily mean that they also blocked you on Facebook, but rather that they may have deactivated their account.
How to know if Someone has Blocked You on Facebook Messenger: Desktop version
The same basic methods apply when using your computer to check if someone has blocked you on Messenger, although the steps are slightly different.
- Go to messenger.Com and log in with your Facebook account.
- Select the icon New message in the upper right corner of the left column.
- Write the Name of the person in the search bar and select it once it appears.
- Write a message in the box conversation.
- Press the button from Shipping (arrow icon).
After you hit the submit button, you may get a message that says: “This person is not available at the moment». Again, this does not necessarily mean that he has blocked you on Messenger, as he could have blocked you on Facebook or deactivated his account.
There is also the possibility that you will not see anything out of the ordinary (as in the screenshot above), but the recipient will not receive your message and will not be able to reply.
I am dedicated to providing you with the best of blogging, with a focus on dependability and how to write a blog, case study, blogging tips, digital marketing, SEO, and WordPress tutorial.