How to Get Free Rentals on Redbox? Redbox Perks, formerly known as Redbox PlayPass, is a Redbox rewards program that lets you earn points that can be redeemed for free rentals.
Before you get your next rental from Redbox, be sure to check out this up-to-date code list free from red box and you could get rent free from DVDs, Blu-Rays or video games.
How to Get Free Rentals on Redbox? By joining Redbox Perks you will get free rent
You can get your first rental free just by signing up Redbox Benefits! New members will receive a free DVD rental for one night (in the form of 1,500 points). This one expires 2 weeks after you receive it, so plan to use it soon.
Visit Redbox Perks and choose Register to start the recording process. You will need to sign in with your existing Redbox account if you already have one.
Once logged in, you will return to Advantages of the red box and you can start earning.
How to Earn Points for Redbox Perks?
To earn rewards from the Redbox Perks program, you will need to complete qualifying activities that will earn you points.
That’s how you can get them:
|How to get it||Reward|
|Download and login to red box app for the first time||150 dots|
|Add your first payment card to your profile||150 dots|
|Complete all sections of your profile||200 dots|
|Enter your number and a PIN for SMS alerts||250 dots|
|Rent a DVD||100 points / night|
|rent one Blu-Ray discs||125 points / night|
|rent a record 4K UHD||150 points / night|
|Rental / Purchase on request||125 points / night|
|rent a video game||200 points / night|
|Refer friends (up to 5) to rent or buy||500 points / friend|
You will receive your points under 24 to 48 hours after making your payment, unless it’s On Demand, in which case you’ll see your points right after you make your purchase.
Redbox Perks Rewards
Register your Redbox Perks points to get these rewards:
- one night rental DVDs (1,500 points)
- one night rental Blu-ray (1,750 points)
- one night rental video games (2,500 points)
Redbox Status Levels
In addition to being able to accumulate points and spend them on Redbox rentals, you will also be rewarded for how often you rent from Redbox in a calendar year. These are the levels:
- Member: Join the program and stay informed
- stars: Perform between 10 and 19 paid transactions
- Super star: Perform between 20 and 49 paid transactions
- Legend: Make over 50 paid transactions
Transactions include the rental of DVDs, Blu-rays, On Demand or video games, the purchase of a movie or video game from a Redbox terminal, the purchase of digital codes or the purchase of an On Demand title.
Redbox Perks Tier Gifts
Depending on what level you are at with Redbox Perks, you will get the following freebies:
- Advantages: One night DVD rental offered when you join, Redbox promotions throughout the year, one night DVD rental offered on your birthday
- stars: All of the above, plus a reward code for 50 cents off during your birthday month, limited to two per year
- Super star: Same as a Star member, but you get three anniversary promo codes and new release alerts, twice as many bonus points on select days, 500 points for movie pre-rentals (per $5 spent), and 750 points for game pre-leases. (for every $5 spent)
- Legend: All the same benefits as a Superstar member, but you get two free one-night record rentals on your birthday, five half-dollar reward codes as a birthday gift, triple points on days specials and more points for movies and pre-rented Games
How to Check Your Redbox Perks Points Balance
You can view your Redbox Perks Points balance by logging into your account and locating the balance in the upper right corner of the page. It also appears in your Redbox account.
More details on Redbox benefits
Here are some additional details about the Redbox Perks program that you should know:
- It is only open to legal residents of the United States who are 13 years of age or older
- You will be automatically registered if you are new to red box
- You only have one Redbox account advantages
- Your points will expire at 12 months from the date you earn them
- Your points will expire after six months of inactivity (stay active by renting or purchasing a disc from a disc-reserving kiosk in line or by the application ; purchase a digital code; or rent or buy via On Request)
You can read the entire Redbox Perks FAQ for more details on the program.
There are other ways to watch movies for free without having to earn points through Redbox Perks. Find out how to get free DVD rentals and check out this list of sites free movie streaming.