Students do not have to pay full price for a music subscription to streaming from Tidal. If you can verify that you are a student attending school, you can get Tidal for students and listen to unlimited music for much less than the cost of TidePremium.
Most other music services in Diffusion They also offer student discounts, like Spotify Yes Apple Music, but Tidal offers something the others don’t: the sound of HiFi and Master quality of an online streaming service.
Who is eligible for a Tidal student discount?
To get a student discount through Tidal, you must attend a “Title IV, degree-granting university in the United States.”
Although there are many student and school reviews, the Tidal discount does not apply in all circumstances. Tidal uses a process similar to that of Spotify and works with a company called Sheer ID to help vet students for various promotions.
How to Get a Student Discount on Tidal?
If you qualify for the student discount as described above, you can sign up for the discount similar to a subscription to a traditional music streaming service.
- To visit connection.tidal.com and enter an email, a Twitter or a Facebook account to start creating an account.
- Once you have logged in with a new account, you can select the type of account you want, including Standard, Home, Student or Military.
- Select Student and complete the registration process by entering your payment information.
You can select a student discount in the plan Premium or HiFi package which provides more faithful audio quality.
How to Verify that you are a Student?
Once you have registered as a student, you will be required to provide details and prove that you are a student on a Tidal link. This form will have two pages and will ask for basic information that is kept private and not shared outside of the verification process.
- If you’re not already there, go to Tidal’s student discounts page and select your school from the list provided.
- Fill in the required information, and tap Continue.
- Then you must provide a document indicating your first and last name, the name of the school and a date in the last 4 months.
Examples of documents: course timetable, identity card or transcription. You can provide more than one document if needed.
- Select Choose File. Then browse and select the document you want to use to verify your student status.
- Once you have attached the document, click Next, and a confirmation page will appear indicating that an email will be sent when your verification for the student discount is confirmed. Tide.
Understanding the Fine Print of Tidal for Students
While SheerID says it won’t rent or share your information and will only use it to verify data on Tidal’s behalf, it also recommends that you continue to cover sensitive information.
On the shipping page it says:
We strongly recommend that you mask or remove all sensitive information from the documentation before uploading it to our system.
Although an official enrollment letter from your academic institution is acceptable, SheerID indicates that acceptance letters will not be approved. Beyond the valid document forms listed above to prove your student status, these are also acceptable:
- Class schedule for the current academic session
- Registration or tuition receipt
- Transcript showing current courses