How to Free Up Storage Space in Google Photos from iPhone? If you are running out of free space in Google Photos, you can gain some extra storage space this way.
Google Photos arrived as an almost perfect cloud storage system since it was unlimited and free, but that’s over. Google Photos is no longer totally free and it only offers 15 GB of free storage per user. Therefore, those with a large photo library will have storage issues in Google Photos unless they want to pay for more storage.
Fortunately, Google has a tool in Google Photos to save storage space and you can store more photos in this free 15GB. With this new feature, Google will help you remove unnecessary photos and videos that take up too much space in the cloud. This way, you’ll have a lot more room for the photos and videos you really want.
How to Free Up Storage Space in Google Photos from iPhone?
Google Photos is one of the best apps for managing your photos in the cloud, and until now it offered unlimited storage for all your photos and videos. However, from now we will only have 15 GB available a little more if you get certain benefits of Google Accounts.
15 GB may seem like a lot, but photos and videos can take up a lot of space. Fortunately, Google itself offers a tool to save space in Google Photos. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- open the google photos app on your Android or iOS device.
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- Now click on Account storage space.
- Select option Manage storage space.
- You’ll see a line with the space you’ve used and a bunch of options.
- In the inference area you will see a section review and delete with large photos and videos, screenshots and blurry photos.
- You can tap on these options and select items to delete and free up storage space.
So you can save space in Google Photos
This new tool also shows the storage occupied by your Gmail and Google Drive accounts, and can also clean up storage. We can also rent more space with Google One,How to transfer your photos from iCloud to Google Photos?
There are also similar tricks to get additional storage in iCloud Photo Library, but after this decision by Google, there are few places left to store all your photos in the cloud for free. If for example you have Amazon Prime, you have this free storage on Amazon Photos.