How to Disable Windows Defender on Your Computer? Windows Defender is one of the applications that include the ecosystem of the operating system, and even for Mac.
A security feature integrated by Microsoft to prevent and protect users from malicious or potentially harmful software. For this reason, whenever this tool detects a dangerous file, it will quarantine it so that it does not infect the computer.
However, this is still an extra feature of Windows, and you might find yourself several reasons to disable it on your computer. For this reason, today we are going to guide you step by step so that you can achieve it in a few minutes.
Disabling Windows Defender Is Faster Than It Looks. Although Microsoft has worked hard to integrate this feature into its operating system; they also give us an easy way to get rid of them if necessary.
How to Disable Windows Defender on Your Computer?
To disable Windows Defender just go to system settings. Here inside you can modify some sections of the operating system security and, of course, to suit your interests.
The first thing to do is go to window security. There are several methods enter here.
- From the taskbar: You can do this by clicking on the application icon in the taskbar.
- With the search engine operating system: a second option is to write window security in the search bar.
- From settings: the third method is to enter directly from the application Setting operating system, click Privacy and Security and later in window security.
Once entered, follow this procedure:
- Enter for Protection against viruses and threats.
- In front of you, you will see a list of options. scroll to Virus and threat protection settings And enter.
- You will see several switches, each under its own section.
- The one we need to turn off Windows Defender is the option of Real-time protection.
This procedure will disable Windows Defender on your computer. Please note that the protection layer created by Microsoft will not be able to protect your device, so during this period you will find yourself exposed to potential viruses and threats.
Fortunately, if you want to activate it again to restore the protection shield, just follow the steps above and activate Real-time protection. This should leave everything exactly as before.
Also, in this section, you will be able to control other Windows Defender features. You can choose to enable or disable cloud-based protection, protection against tampering by others, automatic sample submission to Microsoft, and a few others.
Windows Defender may turn back on after a while. This can happen after a big update or because the system detects that it hasn’t been protected for a very long time. You can choose to disable it again by following the steps above, although there is also a way to completely disable Windows Defender features.
How to Completely Disable Windows 10 Antivirus?
Using this method, you will need to touch the Windows registry. This It is not highly recommended if you have not used it before or if you don’t know where you are entering. In any case, this way you can permanently disable Windows Defender on your computer.
Of course, before touching the Windows Registry, it is best to back up the registry; or, an operating system restores the point in case we find ourselves with a problem that is difficult to solve.
If you have already done the steps above, just follow the guide below:
- Open the window Execute using Windows + R command.
- In the text window, type Regedit then press Walk in.
- Using the folders and arrows in the left column, navigate to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Policies/Microsoft/Windows Defender.
- Once here, right-click on the right window and create a value DWORD 32-bit.
- In the name, write DisableAntiSpyware.
- Assign it the value 1 in the creation window.
Ready. All you have to do is restart your computer. You will see that Windows Defender has been permanently disabled.
If you want to activate it again, just go to the route indicated in the steps and assign the value 0 to DisableAntiSpyware. You can also delete the registry value directly and it will have the same effect, enabling Microsoft’s protection again.