Do you want to know how to Disable Windows 11 Updates? Updates have always been a big part of the Microsoft experience, and Windows 11 was no different. In general, they usually make improvements to our operating system, as well as Windows Defender virus database updates and computer driver improvements. However, things with the Redmond system don’t always go the way we think.
That’s why sometimes it’s better to postpone some updates that could be harmful to us. Or even when we have no time available, or a limited connection that does not allow us to go through the entire download and installation process.
For this, we will show you today several different ways to stop updates in Windows 11. In the new version of the Microsoft operating system, there are several ways to do this, although we warn you that none are permanent.
How to Disable Windows 11 Updates?
- Enter the menu Start From your computer.
- Here, go to Setting.
- Once the app is open, scroll down to Windows Update the last option available in the list located in the left sidebar.
- If you have any pending updates, you’ll be able to see them at the top of the window. clicking on Check for updates you can verify that there is nothing left to install. If everything is up to date, you will see a message saying “Everything is up to date!” next to the date of the last check.
- Just below this option, you will find the function pause updates.
- You can pause Windows 11 updates for up to three weeks. just press break for 1 week, or the arrow that appears right next to this button. This will open a window that will allow you to choose different time periods.
- As soon as you touch this option, the updates will be interrupted. If you want to cancel this option, just press the resume updates button that now appears in the same place it was reading Check for updates.
Ready. If you have followed all the steps, Windows 11 updates on your computer should no longer bother you… see you in five weeks. Unfortunately, unlike previous versions, the new iteration of the operating system does not allow you to suspend this feature indefinitely.
Customize Reboot Time
If you don’t want to disable Windows 11 updates but control the times when your computer restarts to install them, you can. This way you prevent the process from starting when you are working or at inconvenient times. Windows Update Advanced Options
- On the screen of Windows UpdateChoose Advanced options.
- Here, find and activate Notify me when a reboot is required to complete an installation.
- In this same list, look for active hours. You will see that you can choose between Automatically Yes manually. With the latter, you can decide the specific times at which you do not want your computer to restart (during your working day, for example). If you select the former, the computer will update automatically when you are not using it.
How to Disable Windows 11 Updates?
In case you prefer a more permanent method, you should know that there is one. We already knew it worked with Windows 10, but now it’s been tested for Windows 11 as well.
However, this method is also not permanent, although if you are lucky it can last well over three weeks. Although initially it was believed that the computer could not undo this change, many sites have verified that eventually, everything will be back to normal. Of course, this may give you pause for a while.
- On your keyboard, press the key Windows+R.
- The window will open Execute.
- here, write services.MSC. Then press Accept.
- You will see a new window with a large list of options. Scroll until you find Windows Update.
- Double-click on the option and you will see another new screen open.
- In the section start type choose disabled.
- Ready. All you have to do is restart your computer.
If you wish to reactivate the function, simply you need to follow the above steps. At the start type Choose Manual and everything will go back to how it was.
Remember that this change could be reversed by the system at some point. Users report that this is more likely to happen when restarting the computer, so check it every now and then to make sure everything is in order.