We Will Show you How to Disable Sleep Mode on iPhone step by step, both Eventually and Forever.
With the arrival of iOS 15, Apple introduced a series of new features, including focus modes. Among them is what is called standbywhich syncs by default on every iPhone or iPad with the Health and Sleep app settings for activate automatically in the configured periods to sleep.
This way, if you use your iPhone or iPad alarm, chances are you could see that every night says rest mode is on hours before you wake up. It has to do with how you’ve set up sleep mode on your phone. The biggest issue, though, is that the same do not disturb settings apply: any calls, alerts, or notifications you receive on your iPhone will be completely ignored, for what might be a bit boring if you expect to receive some sort of information while it is active.
How to Disable Sleep Mode on iPhone?
As we mentioned, the rest mode of the iPhone or iPad can be more than annoying depending on the occasion, so it is recommended that disable it temporarily if you are waiting for a notification at some point during the configured rest period. In fact, if you’re not interested in this feature, you’ll most likely prefer delete it completely from your phoneand this is something you can also do.
Sleep mode can help you relax, but it can also be annoying by disabling all call alerts and notifications
Turn off rest mode from your iPhone or iPad’s lock screen
If you see that your iPhone or iPad screen darkened, and a bed icon appears just below the clock, this means sleep mode has been successfully activated. It is also possible that instead what appears to you is a text that says “Rest Concentration Mode On”as well as alarm settings.
Anyway, for turn off iphone sleep mode directly from the phone lock screen, just follow these steps:
- If information about your day appears in the middle of the screen instead of the regular iOS lock screen, tap the “Close” button which you will find below.
- Once on the lock screen, you will need to click on the circular bed icon which will appear just below the date and time.
- If you have configured a codeiPhone prompts you to enter it or use Face ID or Touch ID to authenticate.
- A new screen will appear with all the concentration modes configured. Find “Pause” in the list and press on its icon to turn off your iPhone’s rest mode and be able to continue using it normally.
From the iPhone lock screen, you can turn off rest mode by directly tapping its icon under the clock
Once you follow the steps, you will see how your iPhone lock screen will return to normal, correctly displaying wallpaper, notifications and all notices. This way you can continue to use your phone normally.
You are misusing your iPhone: 3 settings you need to activate|
Disable sleep mode using Control Center
Although the previous option is very comfortable once it is detected that the rest mode has been activated, in case you are not already on the lock screen of the phone, it can be more useful disable it directly from the control center from the iPhone or iPad. To do this, you just need to follow these steps:
- Open Control Center of your device: in models with a physical home button you will be able to do this by swiping up from the bottom of the screen, while in those without this button you will have to swipe up down from the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on it “Pause” buttonunder which the text should appear Enabled.
- A list will appear with all focus patterns that you have set up on your phone, including the rest mode.
- Press the “Pause” button again which will appear on the new screen to be able to deactivate it.
Using the iPhone’s Control Center, it is possible to turn off Rest Mode at any time
This way, when you need to, you can disable your iPhone’s rest mode right through the control center. Indeed, if you click on the bed icon instead of buttonrest mode will be immediately disabled, being even faster.
On the other hand, if you have a apple watch, let’s say you can also apply this same procedure from the clock itself. Yes in Apple Watch Control Center you turn off rest mode, it’s off on iPhone and on the rest of the devices linked directly to the Apple ID.
Airplane mode is good for more than just air travel
This way, completely disable rest mode if you don’t need it on your iPhone or iPad.
If you want Rest Mode not to reactivate automatically on your iPhone or iPad, what you can do is disable sleep time control from your terminal. To do this, you just need to follow these steps:
- On your iPhone or iPad, find and open the Health app.
- Once inside, at the bottom, click on the tongue To explore to see all settings.
- Now, in the list of items to control that appears, scroll down and select “Sleep”.
- Notice the section Complete program and optionswhere the time when iPhone sleep mode is automatically activated should appear. Click on it to access the settings.
- Finally, at the top uncheck “Sleep schedule” to prevent your iPhone from tracking the number of hours slept.
By disabling the iPhone sleep schedule feature, it is possible to disable rest mode
Once you’ve done this, since the iPhone will no longer automatically set sleep and bedtime alerts, sleep mode will not activate automatically either. Likewise, in case you need it occasionally, you can activate it directly from the focus modes section of the control center.