How to Disable Automatic Podcast Downloads on iPhone and iPad? Podcasts have become one of the most popular methods of entertainment. However, even before they take flight, Apple has already allowed us to listen and download our favorite shows from your Podcasts application. This is natively integrated into iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and even a web version.
Although the app works like a charm and has a fairly intuitive interface, it has a problem that is sometimes difficult to solve. Said problem is automatic downloadsthat start without our realizing it and could consume part of our monthly data plan.
For this reason we are going to show you today How to Disable Automatic Downloads for Podcasts App on your iPhone or iPad. In a few simple steps, you can start listening to your programs without worrying about them downloading in the background; something that will end up not only affecting your data usage, but also your internal storage.
How to Disable Automatic Podcast Downloads on iPhone and iPad?
To turn off automatic podcast downloads on your iPhone or iPad, just make sure to follow the steps below. This procedure consists of two partsone in the Settings app and one in the Podcasts app itself.
- open app Settings from your iPhone.
- Here, go to Podcast.
- In the section downloadsdisable download on save. Also you can activate Delete read downloads to automatically delete podcasts you’ve already listened to.
- Then find the section automatic downloads.
- disable activate on follow. Optionally you can also disable Allow by cellular network. By turning the latter off, your iPhone will no longer be able to download episodes via data, so you’ll need to connect to a Wi-Fi network if you wish.
Once you have disabled the above, Episodes from the Podcasts app will no longer automatically download. However, chances are that you have already downloaded some on your iPhone or iPad and you don’t know how to delete them. Just follow the procedure to clear your storage of audios you no longer use.
Very well. Now whenever you subscribe to a new podcast channel, the podcasts will no longer be downloaded automatically. However, those to which you are already subscribed they will start uploading content every time they upload a new episode.
Unfortunately, Apple does not include a control for this option in the Settings menu. However, you can control it from the Podcasts app. This procedure can be somewhat cumbersome.and it is that you will have to open all the podcast channels to which you are subscribed one by one.
- Open Podcast on your iPhone.
- Go to the tab Library.
- Enter one of the podcasts you subscribe to. Once on the main screen of this channel, tap on the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Press on Setting.
- Deactivate now automatic downloads.
- Repeat this procedure in each of the channels you subscribe to.
How to Delete Downloaded Podcasts on iPhone and iPad
If you want to delete podcasts that were automatically downloaded to your iPhone, follow these steps.
- Enter the application Podcast on your iPhone or iPad.
- See now tab Library.
- Here, click downloaded.
- In this section, you can see all the episodes stored on your iPhone. Swipe them to the left to remove them.
- Also, pressing Download you can see all that are currently uploaded. You can pause them using the button or swipe left on each one to cancel the download.
I am dedicated to providing you with the best of blogging, with a focus on dependability and how to write a blog, case study, blogging tips, digital marketing, SEO, and WordPress tutorial.