How to Disable App Notifications on Android? Want to know how to disable notifications on your Android mobile? Today we come to show you how to do it step by step. Of course, all the apps you install on your device will have notifications enabled by default.
However, that doesn’t mean you can’t turn them off. Android lets you customize your experience with your app notifications, and that’s just it.
Of course, we are aware that, unlike iOS, on Android, options may vary between each of the manufacturers. After all, each offers a layer of customization that differentiates and changes certain options from the competition.
However, the most essential ones should remain partially the same for all systems, so don’t worry about not finding the specific brand of your mobile device.
How to Disable App Notifications on Android?
Besides showing you how to disable notifications, in general, will also guide you to learn how to temporarily disable them, turn off their sound and vibration, and even remove the notification dot that appears on your app’s icon. Just follow the procedure.
Temporarily Disable Notifications
If you want that notifications are disabled for a while, but not definitively, there is a very easy way to do it. You just have to follow these steps:
- Enter the app Setting from your Android device.
- Here, go to Apps and Notifications.
- Enter for Notice.
- Go to the section Advanced to explore more options.
- Activate the function Allow snooze notifications.
Now you just need to open your mobile’s notification bar. If you want to temporarily disable any of them, drag it slightly left or right and click on the icon Repel. By tapping the down arrow, you can control how long this app’s alerts will remain muted.
How to turn off notifications from specific apps?
On the other hand, if an app is bothering you with its notifications, Android gives you the option to disable them completely for those who need it. This way you don’t have to turn them all off if you don’t want to get alerts from just one.
- Enter for Setting on your mobile.
- go to Notice.
- here for the Settings of the app.
- In the tab “most recent“, you can see the latest apps that sent you notifications. However, by going to all apps you can see a lot more.
- Tap the desired app.
- Here you will be able to enable or disable notifications from this app.
There is also another way to do it. You just have to open the notification bar of your Android mobile and press and hold the one you want to deactivate. Here you can choose to enter Setting. Once the menu opens, you can choose from different options.
Turn off notification sound and vibration
This function can be activated generally or in specific applications. Here’s how it works on Android:
- go to Settings on your mobile device.
- Come into Apps and Notifications.
- In this section, you can choose between Alerts Is Silence.
Alerts It will let you hear the notification sound and show it in the notification bar when you swipe down with your finger.
Silence, on the other hand, will prevent the phone from ringing or vibrating when receiving notifications. However, the alert will appear when you swipe down on the board.
How to turn off notification dots in apps?
Yes, you don’t want the points to be displayed when receiving notifications, this feature can also be changed on Android.
- Enter for Setting.
- Here, go to Notice.
- Activate or deactivate the notification post on the app icon.
If you want to do this with specific apps, you can drag your Android notification bar down. Right here, long press on one of the notifications of the application to which you want to deactivate the point. By doing so, you can enter Setting and once here you can change the state of this option.
Control which notifications appear on your lock screen
Lock screen notifications
If you want to keep your notifications active, but change how they appear on your lock screen, there’s an option for that. This will allow you to show only important notifications hide sensitive content or disable them completely.
- Enter the app Setting from your Android mobile.
- Here, go to Apps and Notifications.
- To go Notice.
- In the section, Lock screen looks for Lock screen notifications.
- Here you will have the option to select several options.
- Do not show notifications: As the name suggests, you will not be able to see received alerts on your lock screen, although you will continue to receive them on your mobile.
- show all notifications: opposite of the previous option. You will be able to see all the alerts received. On some devices, it may appear as Show silent and alert notifications.
- Confidential Notifications: This option will allow you to restrict certain apps from your lock screen. Notifications containing sensitive content will not be displayed.