How to Delete Snapchat Messages? What you need to know
- To delete conversations from your feed, tap the ghost icon. Then tap on the gear icon and scroll down to Account Actions > Clear Conversations.
- You can also delete messages that have already been sent, as well as stories from Snapchat.
- You can’t override the Shipping of messages from Snapchatbut blocking the recipient quickly enough may prevent them from seeing your snap.
On Snapchat, conversations happen fast. Sometimes too fast. This article explains the four different ways you can clean up your activities on Snapchat.
How to delete Snapchat Conversations in your chat feed
Let’s start with something easy: you feed from chat. This is one of the main tabs that you access by touching the speech bubble icon in bottom menu. To clean up your chat feed, follow these steps:
- Open your profile tab tapping the ghost icon in the top left corner.
- Tap the gear icon in the upper right corner to access your settings.
- scroll down to touch Clear Conversations under Account Actions.
- In the next tab, you’ll see a list of friends you’ve had conversations with that have Xs next to them, which you can tap to remove them from your list. chat feed. Erase conversations it doesn’t delete anything you’ve saved or sent.
The only thing deleting a conversation does is remove the username from your main chat feed. If you’ve sent something to a friend and want to undo it, deleting the conversation won’t undo it.
How to Delete Snapchat Messages, That Have Already Been Sent
Snapchat does not currently offer a feature to undo a Snap that was sent too quickly or to the wrong friend. In previous versions of the app, users found that they could prevent a snap from being received if they could delete their accounts before the recipient opened their snap.
However, deleting your account to prevent a recipient from opening a snap that was sent in error no longer works in the latest version of the Snapchat app.
If you try to delete your account before the recipient opens your snap, you will have to wait 30 days for your account to be deleted officially forever. Snapchat puts all accounts in a deactivated state for 30 days before official deletion in case the account owners change their minds and want to reactivate them again, which can be done simply by logging into the app within Snapchat. that 30-day deactivation period.
a deactivated account it won’t save you from snaps you regret sending. Although your friends will not be able to send you anything while your account remains inactivethe snap that you have sent before deactivating your account will continue to appear in the chats of your recipients to see.
Block the Recipient: It might work
Turns out you don’t have to go to extreme lengths to delete your account with the end of nullifying sending a snap. Simply blocking them can help.
Blocking the recipient quickly enough can prevent them from seeing your snap.
To block people, tap on their username or use the search field at the top to find them. In the text tab that opens, tap the menu icon that appears in the upper left corner, then tap Block on the profile mini-tab that slides in from the left of the screen. You’ll be asked if you’re sure you want to block that user and to provide a reason.
When you block a friend on Snapchat, that person is removed from your friends list and you are removed from theirs. Both of you will have to re-add each other to continue taking snapshots as before.
Nevertheless, there is no guarantee that blocking a user will be «cancel» the sending of your Snapchat, because if the recipient is faster than you in blocking it, they may still see your Snapchat.
How to delete Snapchat Stories?
Snapchat offers a feature of elimination of the stories so you don’t have to worry that a snap embarrassing last 24 hours for all the world to see. Stories are the photo and video snaps you post to your section My story which can be viewed publicly during 24 hours by your friends or the whole world (depending on your privacy settings) when they visit your stories tab within the app.
To delete a Snapchat story that you’ve posted:
- Tap the circular Story icon at the top left of your Camera screen, then tap the Story you posted in the menu just below your Snap code. Tap the trash can icon and then confirm that you want to delete it and you’re done.
- Post a story and then delete it immediately does not guarantee that no one will see it. Snapchat does not currently have a feature that allows you to delete stories in bulk.
I am dedicated to providing you with the best of blogging, with a focus on dependability and how to write a blog, case study, blogging tips, digital marketing, SEO, and WordPress tutorial.