How to Delete a Comment on Instagram? What you need to know
- Swipe left and tap the trash can icon (iPhone), hold until you can tap the trash can icon (Android), either click the three dots > Delete (web).
- You can delete your own comments or comments left on your posts by someone else.
- You can’t edit comments, but you can delete a comment and then replace it with a new one.
This article explains how to remove a comment from Instagram on an iPhone, Android, or Web navigator.
How to Delete a Comment on Instagram on your Phone?
Whether you post a comment that you later want to retract, or someone leaves a comment that you want to remove from your own post, it’s easy to delete comments on Instagram.
Just remember these rules: You can only delete your own comments or comments left on a post you own. You can’t delete other people’s comments on a post that you don’t own.
- Opens Instagram on your phone and look for the publication with the comment you want to delete.
- Tap the comment bubble icon to see all the comments associated with this post.
- On iPhone, swipe the comment toward the left and touch the trash can icon.
In Android, tap and hold the comment until the pop-up bar appears at the top of the screen, then tap the trash can icon.
If you use a web browser instead of the app Instagram mobile, you can remove spam comments with a few clicks.
- Open Instagram in a web browser and find the post with the comment you want to delete.
- Click on the post to bring up a window with all the associated comments.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the comment you want to delete, then click the three dots to the right of the comment.
- In the pop-up window, click Remove.
Can you edit a comment on Instagram?
Unfortunately, Instagram does not allow edit comments, even if they are yours.
However, there is a workaround: you can simply replace the comment with a new one. This isn’t necessarily ideal, especially if your comment already had many or other replies.I like it”. Deleting a comment removes all likes and replies associated with it.
If you agree to that commitment, follow the instructions above to find and delete the comment you want to edit. delete it, and then add a new comment to the post with the edits you were planning to make.