How to Connect AirPods to TV? How to configure them correctly? We will deal with this in our article.
Even though AirPods, like all other Apple gadgets, focus on working in the ecosystem, they can be connected to devices with different operating systems without any problems.
The earphones can work smoothly with Windows laptops and Android smartphones. But if these are more or less common options for connecting AirPods, there are more exotic ones. For example, on television. Can they be connected?
How to Connect AirPods to TV?
This headphone connection option is genuinely exotic. OK, is it weird to watch TV this way when it has built-in Dolby Atmos or a soundbar? It’s very convenient.
For example, when for some reason, you cannot make noise in an apartment or want to watch TV without being distracted by noise. A great way: it’s much more convenient than connecting wired headphones. I tried to connect my AirPods 2 to a TCL Android TV, and it worked. Here’s how it’s done.
- Turn on the TV, press “Settings” on the remote control or select an item on the Android TV main screen.
- Select Remotes and Devices.
AirPods are easy to connect to TV
- Open the AirPods case, hold the button on the back and wait for the light to flash white.
Check if Bluetooth visibility is enabled
- Click “Add device” and confirm your choice by clicking “OK.”
The headphones will immediately appear in the list of connections
- After that, your AirPods will appear in the list. Click to add.
Ready. After that, your AirPods will connect automatically when you open the box nearby and the TV is on. Double-tap the earbud works as before, except for summoning Siri. And the video will skip to the next or previous one, and pause/play is active. If suddenly The TV does not see the AirPods check if they are disconnected from your iPhone and if Bluetooth visibility is enabled in the TV settings.
How to Set Up AirPods on Android TV?
I can say that AirPods work well with Android TV, but there are some nuances. For example, the sound may be slightly slow or clicky when watching a YouTube video.
But it is easy to fix this problem by restarting the TV. Also, if you use one earbud and insert the second one in your ear, the sound doesn’t start immediately – not like on an iPhone. However, here are some points that need to be configured manually.
- You can disable Dolby Atmos if your TV has this option. In headphones, especially in AirPods 2, there is no point.
- Set “Dialogue clarity” to medium. This great feature helps you hear dialogue better in podcasts and movies. Works great if there is noise around you.
In the settings, you must adjust the sound well to work correctly.
- Sound balance: When connecting AirPods, it seems that the sound of an earphone is a little louder. Checked in several applications – the same. Maybe a one-time case, but if you come across this, move slider 3 to the right.
- In the advanced sound options, enable “Automatic volume control”: so that sound effects do not interrupt dialogue when watching a movie.
Adjust the equalizer and sound balance – it will be much better.
- Be sure to change the equalizer in the “Preset sound” item: the dynamics are the best, but in general, there is a difference in sound if you select a different preset. Why can’t Apple do this?
- After all the manipulations, you need to click “Restart” for them to take effect.
The only downside is if AirPods are connected to Android TV, calling Google Assistant on command will not work for you even if the switch on the TV box is in the “ON” position. On the other hand, as before, it can be called from the main screen or the button on the remote control.
How to listen to music on TV with headphones?
Huge more AirPods – range up to 50 meters from the sound source thanks to Bluetooth 5.0, so you can listen to podcasts from your TV. To avoid wasting a lot of energy, you need to activate an option.
“Audio only” turns off the TV screen, but the sound continues to play
- Press the “Settings” button on the remote.
- Select Sound.
- Then click on “Audio only.”
A sign will appear on the screen indicating that the screen is going to turn off, and you can turn it back on with any key. The screen will continue to work: take a closer look. There is an image. Just no backlight!
Generally, it is very convenient when the TV is used as a sound source, and you want to listen to something but do not leave the screen.
Disconnect AirPods from the TV: you can go to Settings, select your headphones and click on “Disconnect.” Or turn off the TV, and the connection will end automatically.
I am dedicated to providing you with the best of blogging, with a focus on dependability and how to write a blog, case study, blogging tips, digital marketing, SEO, and WordPress tutorial.