How to Change Your Age on TikTok? what you need to know
- touch I > menu icon> Report a problem > account and profile > Edit profile > Other > I still have a problem .
- Write the request> Report. You will receive an email requesting a photo ID to confirm your birthday. Submit one to complete the process.
- TikTok removed the ability to change your age in the app to protect minors from inappropriate content.
This article covers how to change your age on TikTok, which can only be done by contacting customer support.
How to Change Your Age on TikTok?
While you can easily change your TikTok username and profile picture whenever you want, it’s no longer possible to change the day, month, or year of your TikTok birthday from the app’s basic controls. Fortunately, there is still a way to update your age on TikTok through an alternative method.
To change your age on TikTok, you’ll actually have to contact the app’s customer support and request a birthday update. Here we explain how to do it.
- open the application from TikTok on your smart device and tap Me in the bottom right corner.
- Playing Ellipse (three dots) in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down the menu and tap Report a problem.
- touch Account and profile.
- touch Edit profile.
- touch Others.
- Touch I still have an issue.
- In the field provided, type something like “I need to update my birthday on my account as the current date is incorrect. Can I share some identity documents to prove my real birthday» and touch Report?
Do not attach any photo of your identity document at this stage.
- Within the next day or two, you should receive an email from TikTok support at the email address associated with your bill. The representative should ask you for a photo of a government ID that shows your birthday. After you send it to them, they will hopefully update your birthday in TikTok with the new date.
Why can’t I update my birthday on TikTok?
TikTok removed the ability to change your birthday in an attempt to protect minors from accessing features intended for older users, such as direct messaging, buying digital gifts, and starting streams. TikTok live stream. Many younger users were changing their age on TikTok to access some of these additional features, so the option to do so was disabled.
Updating your age on TikTok doesn’t will disable any parental controls that have already been activated.
One of the downsides of this update was that many adult users who had simply rushed to sign up and entered a false date of birth during the process found their use of the app restricted even though they are well above the minimum age requirement for certain characteristics in real life.
Should I open a new TikTok account?
If you are unable to change your age on TikTok via the above method, you can open a new account and enter your correct birthday during the registration process. Registration.
It is best not to lie about your age when creating a TikTok account, as you could be reported by other users if you are suspected of being underage.
Another possible strategy would be to create a new TikTok account with a parent or guardian, which you could manage together.