How to Allow the Camera on Snapchat? What you need to know
- On iPhone, go to Setting > Snapchat > toggle on Camera .
- On Android, go to Setting > Applications > Snapchat > permissions > Camera .
- Snapchat app: tap your profile picture > gear icon > Manage > permissions > Camera.
This article explains how to allow access to the Snapchat camera on iOS and Android.
How to Allow the Camera on Snapchat for iOS?
If you’re a Snapchat user on iPhone, you’ll need to follow these instructions to allow access to the app’s camera.
- open the Settings app.
- scroll down and tap on Snapchat.
- Activate the option Camera (green color means the function is activated/allowed).
- Open Snapchat and you will be able to use the camera.
How to Allow the Camera on Snapchat for Android Users?
To use the Snapchat camera on an Android device, the process is a bit different.
- open the Settings app.
- Press Applications.
- scroll down and tap Snapchat.
- Press Permissions (not shown in the image)
- Press the Camera to allow Snapchat to access the camera.
How to Allow Camera Access Within Snapchat?
You can also go into Snapchat settings to change camera access if you want. This will take you directly to your phone’s settings to enable your Camera.
- On Snapchat, tap on your profile picture.
- In the upper right corner, tap on the gear icon to open the settings from Snapchat.
- Scroll down to Additional Services and tap Manage.
- touch Permits.
- you will see all permissions listings you use Snapchat. If either isn’t currently enabled, you’ll see a red Tap to enable button. Tap this to go to your phone’s settings and enable it. We’ve highlighted Camera since we’re talking about camera access permissions.
What to do if your camera still doesn’t work?
If these methods don’t fix Snapchat camera access, there might be another reason why it’s not working. Here are other things you can try to fix your camera on Snapchat.
- Clear your Snapchat cache. You can do this by going to your Settings Snapchat > Clear cache > Clear.
- Update Snapchat. You may be running an outdated version of the app, causing camera access to work incorrectly. To update on iOS, go to the app store and tap on Applications, then on your profile at the top right. Scroll down the list of your apps until you find Snapchat, and tap the Update button if an update is available. On Android, open the app google play store, touch Menu, and go to My Applications Y games. Scroll through the list and find Snapchat and tap To update.
- Restart the app. Sometimes you may just need to do a simple restart of the app itself. To do this, completely close the app and make sure it’s not running in the background as well.
I am dedicated to providing you with the best of blogging, with a focus on dependability and how to write a blog, case study, blogging tips, digital marketing, SEO, and WordPress tutorial.