What you need to know
- In a browser: Select Photo/Video in your status update box, upload a photo, then select the plus sign (+) to upload more photos individually.
- To make a photo album: Hold down the Ctrl or Command key while choosing your photos to select multiple images.
- Tap Photo in the status update box on the mobile app, choose your photos, then tap + Album if you want to create an album.
This article explains how to upload multiple photos to Facebook at once using a web browser or the Facebook mobile app.
You can Post and Upload multiple photos to Facebook from a web browser.
Here’s how to do it on your computer:
- Select Photo/Video in the status field before or after writing a status, but before selecting Post.
- Browse your computer drive and select an image to highlight it. To select multiple images, hold down the Shift or Command key on a Mac or the Ctrl key on a PC while selecting multiple images to post. Each image should be highlighted.
- Select Open.
- After selecting Open, a Facebook status update box reappears, showing thumbnails of your selected images. Write a message in the status box if you want to say something about the photos.
- Select the box with the plus sign to add more photos to the Post.
- Hover over a thumbnail to delete or edit a photo before posting.
- Check the other options available: tag friends, apply stickers, add your feelings or an activity, or check in.
- When you’re ready, select Share.
Only the first five images in your friends’ feed will be displayed when you use this method. They will see a number with a plus sign indicating that there are additional photos to view.
Create an album with a web browser
The best way to post many photos to Facebook is to create a photo album, upload multiple photos to that Album, and post the album cover image in your status update. Friends who click on the album link will be taken to the photos.
- Go to the status update box as if you were going to write an update.
- Select Photo/Video Album at the top of the update box.
- Browse your computer drive and select the images you want to post. To select multiple images, hold down the Shift or Command key on a Mac or the Ctrl key on a PC while selecting multiple images to post them to the Album. Each image should be highlighted.
- Select Open. An album preview screen will open with thumbnails of your chosen images and allow you to add text and a location to each photo. Select the larger sign to add more photos to the Album.
- Give your new album a name and description in the left panel, and view the other available options.
- Once you’ve made your choices, select the
- Publish button.
Facebook upload multiple photos with the app
Posting more than one photo with your status using the Facebook mobile app is similar to posting on a desktop web browser.
- Tap the Facebook app to open it.
- In the status field at the top of News Feed, tap Photo.
- Tap the thumbnails of the photos you want to add to the status.
- Use the Done button to open the preview screen.
- If you like, add text to your status post, and select +Album from the options.
- Give the Album a name and select more photos if you want. Tap Share when you’re done.
- Tap Share Now, and your status update with the photos (in an album) will be posted to Facebook.