Hidden iOS 16 Features: We review some of the hidden and lesser-known news coming to iPhone with iOS 16.
These are not designed novelties or major changes, but they are small adjustments that can help us in our daily lives and make life more comfortable. If you’re already testing iOS 16, you should know them.
Hidden iOS 16 Features: You Should Know
States little-known features of iOS 16 they are really awesome and will greatly enhance the experience with the system. It’s not big news that makes the headlines, but it’s small improvements rather than benefits:
- Special menu for AirPods. In iOS 16, it’s much easier to access AirPods Settings thanks to a dedicated new section that appears in the Settings app when AirPods are connected.
- Safari pinned tabs. In macOS, we were able to pin tabs in Safari for a long time, but that was something that didn’t happen. iOS or iPadOS. This changed in iOS 16 and you can now pin your favorite tabs for quick access.
- Copy and paste photo editing. A very interesting function. Want all your photos to have the same aesthetic or apply the same adjustments to several different images? With iOS, this is possible as we have a new feature to copy and paste photo edits. Copy editing settings from one photo and paste them on any other.
- Face ID works horizontally. Something we weren’t sure why it wasn’t available, as it worked flawlessly on the iPad. It looks like this may be an exclusive feature of iPhone 13 and later.
- Haptic vibration on the keyboard. We can now enable this type of keyboard vibration in iOS 16, so you can “feel what you type”. Vibrations appear when you press a key, simulating a physical response. It is activated from Settings > Sounds and vibration.
- Photoprotection with Face ID and Touch ID. Something essential that arrives in iOS 16, is the Deleted and Hidden albums are now protected and one must identify with Face ID or Touch ID to access them.
- Show Wi-Fi password. Surely you’ve felt frustrated more than once that you can’t see the WiFi password you’re using, but with iOS 16 that’s changing. In the Wi-Fi settings, you can see the password of the network you are connected to.
- Merge duplicate contacts. In iOS 16, you can merge duplicate contacts directly from the Contacts app quickly and easily.
- Remove duplicate photos. The iOS 16 Photos app will notify you if it finds the same photos or videos in your library. You can eliminate these delicate elements to gain additional space. Duplicate photos and videos are listed in a new “Duplicates” album, which only appears if you have duplicates.
The new iPhone system keeps many secrets and there are still many betas of iOS 16 to come. Apple could therefore include many other new features before the final release of iOS 16.
I am dedicated to providing you with the best of blogging, with a focus on dependability and how to write a blog, case study, blogging tips, digital marketing, SEO, and WordPress tutorial.