Avoid the temptation of one-word subtitles or, worse yet, no subtitles at all. So check out the Best Instagram Captions. Readers want to interact with you; give them an idea of your emotions when you post. Take a few ideas from our list of the best Instagram quotes and sayings to feel good, cute, funny and smart. Perfect for birthdays, romance, and any other situation life throws at you!
- Instagram limits captions to 2,200 characters or around 325 words. Change the length frequently or add emojis, but keep the message clear.
- Include tag requests and other questions to encourage follower engagement. Try “Who’s with me?” or “Tag a friend who would love this.”
- Instagram’s biggest stars use captions that include all audiences, so stick with words that resonate with everyone.
Best Instagram Captions
A suitable quote that makes you think can be the perfect caption to pair with a stunning photo of a natural landscape or anything with an artistic look. Your followers will appreciate that little piece of wisdom you offer them!
- “Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness.”
- “The idea is to die young… as late as possible.”
- “Do more things that make you forget to check your phone.”
- “You are what you do, not what you say you will do.”
- “I literally have to remind myself all the time that being afraid of things going wrong is not the way to make things go right.”
- “You never run out of things that can go wrong.”
- “If practice makes perfect, and no one is perfect, then why practice?” —Billy Corgan.
- “You don’t just create a clever Instagram caption.”
- “Friday, my second favorite word with the V.”
- “When nothing goes right, go left.”
Feel Good Instagram Captions
It is natural to want to share your happiness with others. Whether you flash a genuine smile in a selfie or capture a beautiful sunset in your post, a good quote that captures the joy and happiness you’re feeling can be contagious to your followers.
- “When you can’t find sunshine, be sunshine.”
- “The happiest people don’t have the best of everything; they make the best of everything.”
- “Being happy makes people crazy.”
- “Say yes to new adventures.”
- “Every day may not be good, but every day is good.”
- “You are like a four leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.”
- “Today is the best day”.
- “Be the kind of person you want to meet.”
- “Keep your chin up, so your crown doesn’t slip.”
- “My life isn’t perfect, but it’s the best thing that ever happened to me.”
Saucy Old Hollywood Subtitles
There’s no one better to sum things up than the stars that have shone so brightly on the silver screen. Take a few tips from them to entertain your fans and spice up your Insta with some glam.
- “When I’m good, I’m very, very good, but when I’m bad, I’m better.” – Mae West
- “If I behaved well, I would die of boredom.” -Tallulah Bankhead
- “I can live without money, but I can’t live without love.” –Judy Garland
- “You have to learn to get up from the table when love is no longer served.” –Nina Simone
- “I’m too much”. –Bette Davis
- “I believe in pink.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Be yourself. The world loves the original.» – Ingrid Bergmann
- “Many dramatic situations are with screams.” – Jane Fonda
- “I recover when I’m alone.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “The fight and survival, losing and winning, it doesn’t matter. What counts is getting into the race.” – Pam Grier
Cute Instagram Captions
Your followers will find it hard not to hit the Like button on any post of yours that makes them go “Aww!” These cute captions are perfect for that adorable video of your playful pup or your newborn niece’s first photo.
- “Dream big, little one!”
- “Pretty as a button, but not as smart.”
- “7 billion smiles, and yours is my favorite.”
- “You do the most adorable things without realizing it.”
- “Do not grow up, it’s a trap!”
- “Dogs are my favorite people.”
- “Don’t stop recovering.”
- “Not all dogs are good guys. Some are good girls!”
- “What are you eating and how can I help you?”
- “I know how to purr my way out of everything.”
Funny Instagram Captions
There’s nothing like an Instagram caption that can make your followers laugh out loud (really). A little humor goes a long way, and can be a nice change of pace on a platform that tends to be overused for vanity and perfection.
- “He handles every situation like a dog. If you can’t eat it or play with it, just pee and walk away.”
- “Being an adult is like folding a fitted sheet. No one really knows how.”
- “I am not lazy. I’m in power saving mode.”
- “I was going to take over the world this morning, but I fell asleep. Postponed. Again”.
- “I never make the same mistake twice. I do it like five or six times, you know, just to be safe.”
- “You never realize how boring your life is until someone asks you what you do for fun.”
- “It’s Thursday, so here’s my wise quote for the day…actually, I have nothing.”
- “I’m just a girl standing in front of a camera asking if this is Instagram worthy.”
- “Sleep like no one is watching you.”
- “I invented a new word: plagiarism.”
Instagram Captions for Best Friends
What better way to use social media than showing how much you appreciate your best friends? Captions that make your best friends feel loved and valued can inspire them to return the favor !
- “The only way to have a friend is to be one. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Friends are the family we choose for ourselves.”
- FRIENDS Fight for you. Respect. include you. they encourage you They need you. they deserve you Be by your side.”
- “Some people come along and have such a beautiful impact on your life that you can barely remember what life was like without them.”
- “Friendship is not a big thing. It’s a million little things.”
- “A good friend may know your crazy stories, but your best friend was there with you.”
- “Anything is possible when you have the right people to support you.” —Misty Copeland
- “In the cookie of life, friends are the chocolate chips.”
- “I would never let my best friend do something stupid…alone.”
- “I’d rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone in the light.” -Helen Kelle
Instagram Song LyricsSometimes lyrics make perfect Instagram captions, whether it’s from a rising pop star or an established artist.
- “I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker color.” – Wilson ( Expensive Mistakes ) from Fall Out Boy
- “This may be the night my dreams let me know… All the stars are closer.” – All Stars by Kendrick Lamar & SZA
- “Feel like a boss and look at the stars, no matter the cost, because everyone wants to be famous.” – Everyone wants to be famous for superorganism
- “Shine, diamond, don’t make me wait another day.” – My, my, my! by Troye Sivan
- “I’m going to live like tomorrow doesn’t exist.” – Sia ‘s chandelier .
- “I could build a castle with all the bricks that were thrown at me” – New Romantics by Taylor Swift
- “Am I more than you expected?” – Sugar, let’s go down Fall Out Boy
- “If I were you, I would also want to be me.” Me Too by Meghan Trainor
- “It’s no fun if the homies can’t have any.” Ain’t No Fun by Snoop Dogg
- “Cheers to the weekend damn.” Greetings from Rihanna
Birthday Instagram CaptionsWhether you’re wishing someone a happy birthday or a celebration of your own, you probably don’t want to sound like a Hallmark card in your Instagram caption. These birthday captions are clever and fun.
- “Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat cake.”
- “Birthday: A day to celebrate that you have not died in the last year.”
- “I don’t look another day more fabulous!”
- “The older you get, the better you get. Unless you’re a banana.”
- “Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that people who have more live longer.
- “It takes a long time to grow young” -Pablo Picasso
- “Age is just a hashtag.”
- «I did not choose this birthday; this birthday chose me.”
- «I do not age; I level up.”
- “It’s your birthday, you don’t have to do anything.” – Destiny’s Child Birthday
Short Instagram CaptionsMany Instagram posts speak for themselves. When you’re in a hurry to post something and don’t have much time to think or tap on your device ‘s keyboard , keep it simple with some of these short and catchy subtitles.
- “Aspire to breathe in before you breathe out.”
- “Honey, you are a work of art.”
- “Choose kindness and laugh often.”
- “Clear your mind of not being able to.”
- “Every moment matters.”
- “I don’t have anything.”
- “Yes, another photo of food.”
- “Why so serious?” —The Joker
- “Smiling confuses people.”
- Selfies in paradise.
Food Instagram CaptionsFood posts on Instagram are among the most popular types of posts that you should try if you haven’t already. They are very popular with fans, who love to see the food that others prepare and eat. The next time you’re out to eat at a great restaurant or finish cooking up a delicious meal, pair it with a legend like one of the following.
- “I’m on a seafood diet. I see food and I eat it.”
- “Cupcakes are cupcakes that believe in miracles.”
- Did you say exercise? Or extra fries?
- “I’m just a girl, standing in front of a salad, asking for it to be a donut.”
- “My head says gym, but my heart says tacos.”
- “Food before uncles.”
- Resting coffee face.
- “First we eat, then we can do everything else.”
- “Grillin’ and chillin'”.
- “Breakfast. All day.”
Instagram Captions for CouplesWhen you’re in love, you want the whole world to know it. If you’re not afraid to get a little soft on Instagram, consider adding one of these ultra-loving captions to a post that features you and your better half.
- “Forget butterflies; I feel the whole zoo when I’m with you.”
- “Fall in love with someone who will never let you go to sleep wondering if you still matter.”
- “She is the exclamation point in the happiest sentence I could write.”
- “Sometimes someone comes into your life unexpectedly, takes your heart by surprise and changes your life forever.”
- “I love that you are my person, and I am yours, that whatever door we come to, we will open it together.” – AR Asher
- “I love her, and that’s the beginning and the end of everything.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Look at the stars, see how they shine for you and all you do…” Yellow by Coldplay
- “How sweet it is to be loved by you…” – How sweet it is by James Taylor
- “You belong among the wild flowers.” – Tom Petty’s Wildflowers
- “Love knows no barriers.” – Maya Angelou