Here’s everything you need to know about the Apple Watch Battery

Everything you need to know about the Apple Watch battery. A few years ago, Apple added a Battery Health feature to the iPhone that lets you know the current maximum battery capacity. And this function also does not allow readers of our Telegram chat to sleep peacefully, who constantly wonder why it falls.

But the Apple Watch has the exact same option and the battery fails over time. In this situation, it is important to extend the battery life of the smartwatch so that it does not damage your device at some point. Today we are going to tell you everything you need to know about the Apple Watch battery.

How to Check Apple Watch Battery Health?

The first thing to do is to check battery wear on the apple watch. It is important to do this at least once a month so that you know how long your watch can last normally.

Try to check the battery capacity of your Apple Watch often

  • On your Apple Watch, go to Settings
  • Scroll down and click on “Battery”
  • When you see the battery usage graph, scroll down and tap “Battery Health”
  • The maximum battery capacity will be displayed on the screen.

Optimized Apple Watch Charging

At the same time, it is recommended to enable optimized charging in Apple Watch for the watch to analyze your habits and distribute the charging power correctly. For example, if you regularly charge your watch while you sleep, the Apple Watch will limit charging to 80% based on your habits, and start charging again at the remaining 20% ​​one hour before you wake up.

Apple Watch charges based on your habits

As you know, Optimized Charging is only enabled in the places where you spend the most time, such as at home or at work, but not when travelling. Turning it on is very simple.

  • Go to settings;
  • Select “Privacy”, then “Location services”;
  • Scroll down and click “System Services”;
  • Click on “Important Locations” and enable the switch.
  • Now Apple Watch will remember where you spend the most time.

What is the Apple Watch Eco Mode

The developers did not give the Apple Watch a powerful battery but added a power-saving mode. True, it does not work the same way as in the iPhone: in a smartwatch with the power reversal functions the lion’s share of functions are disabled, but it will help them live longer. The new watchOS promises to add a new power-saving mode, whereby the watch will continue to save power, but functionality won’t be so severely limited.

Apple Watch significantly limits energy consumption in eco mode

As you remember, on all Apple devices it is better to turn on power saving nearly 20% and no later than 10% of the load – so you can count on more time. You can activate it from the settings of your Apple Watch or directly from your iPhone.

  • Log in to the Watch app.
  • Select “Basic” in the settings.
  • Enable the “Power saving mode” slider.

To extend your apple watch, it is better to turn off the “Theatre” mode – then the screen will light up less often from a sudden movement of the hand. Also, don’t keep a lot of apps running in the background: like the iPhone, they consume a negligible amount of power, but in the long run, it can reduce running time.

Still, iPhone and Apple Watch batteries are quite different in capacity and you don’t use your watch often. Don’t forget the time either turn off training mode otherwise it will continue to work and read main indicators even after you finish doing sports.

When to Change your Apple Watch battery

Don’t delay replacing your Apple Watch battery or it will swell and damage your screen

Apple provided that the Apple Watch battery lasts 1,000 charge cycles under ideal operating conditions: it must be at normal temperature and recharge once a day. After that, the battery will start to lose more than 20% of its original capacity. Thus, after a year and a half to two years, Apple Watch will start working lessons after purchase.

You may notice that the Apple Watch battery fails not only for rapid discharge: the gadget may stop turning on quickly after discharge, and the battery level may vary significantly, dropping by several per cent at a time.

Change your Apple Watch battery when it reaches 80% of its maximum capacity – don’t wait for the battery to degrade further. It is important not to delay the visit, otherwise, the battery may start to swell and damage the screen, which will lead to more expensive repairs.

By the way, Apple Watch may stop turning on. Do not panic: read our article on what to do in this case.